Does 722 S-Video output HD signal to tv?

I would check the 15inch LCD you are trying to feed HD too. I doubt it has component input. SVideo will get you the HD content which is fine if you are feeding multiple SD tvs.

S-Video will give you the SD equivalent of HD channels. It won't give you HD.

Fifth opinion:

You can view HD content over S Video, just not in HD resolutions. :D

4 out 5 Satellite Guys agree, HDMI and Component (and Firewire) are the only way to get HD.

:haha

no recommendations to utilize the S-Video output as a third option. Is this bacause it's just a lower grade HD signal, or not HD at all.

whereas HD signals are digital signals.

not sure if RGB component can carry analog or not

I don't think firewire can carry video signals

I'm going to go cry now. This is why I hardly ever read this site anymore.

Oh, and since no one really gave the guy an answer...try a component distribution amp...
8141c_n.jpg

...and then use Baluns to distribute over Etherrnet cable.
7829da2.jpg

Not cheap, but easy and effective.

EDIT- The Baluns will only distribute coaxial digital audio signals, so you'd need to have to get analog audio baluns too, or have an amp at each location that can take a coax digital in. I'm not sure if you could "split" the coax digital through the analog distribution amp, though.

So,
HDMI is an interactive digital connection for HD signals.
Component is the next best connection for HD signals.
S-Video is not an HD option.
Got it.

The 15" tv has the following inputs: Component, S-Video or Yellow RCA along with R&L RCA Audio, and of course, Coax Antenna.

M Sparks, Thanks for the heads up about the Component Distribution Amp.
However, I guess that might be a waste of $90 + shipping if I'm understanding this chatter about disabling the Component's HD capabilities.

Is Dish really planning to kill some or all of the HD signal from our 722's Component output?! THAT IS NOT COOL!

Or you can try an HDMI splitter: For only $105.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 1X4 Powered HDMI Splitter | HDMI Active/Powered Splitter

Almost cheaper just to get more HD receivers though. XD

Yeah, I saw that splitter at Monoprice, but it has mixed reviews. I'd want to see overwhelmingly good reviews to spend that much to split signals.
I have my old 501 PVR with the 15" tv now, but I plan to deactivate it soon.

Maybe I'm better off to just settle for the modulated coax feed to the little tv for now. Surely HDMI splitters will get cheaper and more reliable soon enough. Then I could distribute HDMI to the bigger and better HDTVs and feed Component to the little one (if 722's Component is still viable).

However, I guess that might be a waste of $90 + shipping if I'm understanding this chatter about disabling the Component's HD capabilities.

Is Dish really planning to kill some or all of the HD signal from our 722's Component output?! THAT IS NOT COOL!
Most of that applies to HD-DVDs, Blu-Ray, ect.....

Then I could distribute HDMI to the bigger and better HDTVs and feed Component to the little one (if 722's Component is still viable).

I dont see component going anywhere... the only issues with component is most of the time, it is limited to 720p, or will not show stuff protected by DRM (possible pay per view in the future)

I dont see component going anywhere... the only issues with component is most of the time, it is limited to 720p, or will not show stuff protected by DRM (possible pay per view in the future)

Component is not limited to 720p. It can show 1080 also.

DRM, as in the constraint token, can be activated and force the signal down to 480 over component. But only for certain material with the token activated. This is supposed to "protect" certain HD material from being copied and redistributed.

Component is not limited to 720p. It can show 1080 also.

DRM, as in the constraint token, can be activated and force the signal down to 480 over component. But only for certain material with the token activated. This is supposed to "protect" certain HD material from being copied and redistributed.
And GENERALLY wouldnt apply to sat service

Not HD, but if the source is an HD channel with HD content, then you will get a really great SD picture due to the high bit rate of the channel. In fact, some of my relatives think the HD channels via S-Video look plenty good enough for them.

Not HD, but if the source is an HD channel with HD content, then you will get a really great SD picture due to the high bit rate of the channel. In fact, some of my relatives think the HD channels via S-Video look plenty good enough for them.

Plus the advantage here is that you will maintain the widescreen aspect ratio of the HD. You may have to use the stretch feature of your TV in conjunction with the format button on the E* remote but you can maintain the aspect ratio without distortion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)