Does 811 come with DVI?

dznylvr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Hello all,
Thank you in advance for your help.

I am supposed to have the 811 installed tomorrow and I was wondering, will it come with a DVI cable or do I need to go get one?

Any thing else I shoud be aware of be fore they get here?

Thanks again

No DVI, but did come with Component (three RCA connectors, red, blue and green) cable. The store by me wanted $150 for the DVI cable.

seagarsmoker said:
No DVI, but did come with Component (three RCA connectors, red, blue and green) cable. The store by me wanted $150 for the DVI cable.

You can get a nice quality DVI cable off Ebay for less than $20 delivered.

NightRyder

SatinKzo said:
Mine came with a 2 meter DVI Cable, Component cable, RCA, Svideo, and some phone cable.

Was that just the 811 by itself or did you get the whole HDTV setup from Dish?

NightRyder

DVI does not normally come with the 811. You don't need to spend upwards in the $100 dollars for a cable. You can get them a lot cheaper like NightRyder suggested. I got mine at PacificCables.com. DVI is a digital medium so basically it works or it doesnt. High priced cables will not make a difference for short runs.

I just got my second 811 from a coworker and he said it came with a DVI too, so I got the HD/Box deal for my second HD system and I bought his 811 as he went with D* today and no longer needed it. He got the 811 standalone and it has the same DVI cable I have.

got my 811 installed couple weeks ago and no dvi. only component. I guess it depends on which box u get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)