Does AEP include HD package?

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,694
20,250
Newington, CT
Nope it does not.

I sometimes HATE having the everything pack, because I hate it when everyone gets these free previews and I get stuck paying for a free preview. :D
 
C

Crhorsley

Thread Starter
Member
Nov 19, 2003
5
0
So it's not "EVERYTHING" then! This should be included in that package. That's it. I'm going to write my congressman now! :rolleyes:
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,694
20,250
Newington, CT
Everthing pack also does not contain the Sports Channels, the locals, the Internationals, or even the (god forbid) porn channels. :D
 
C

Crhorsley

Thread Starter
Member
Nov 19, 2003
5
0
I can understand the internationals and the porn. If you get the Fox sport net pack that would be cool. The HD Pack, in my opinion, should be included since they will be regular cable network channels in the future. Minus HD Net. Once we get enought HD up, are you going to pay for two versions of ESPN, or MTV, or Discovery? I wonder how they will change the packages once the HD channels gets up to around 30.
 
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,565
340
Western WV
Then this package would be misleading since it is named "America's Everything Package". It should be receiving all the channels HD or SD for that price, and even the locals and superstations. I know they have a package available for AEP + locals for $80 but thats besides to point, its just misleading. This would make some customers very angry that they pay that kind of money for a package called Everything Package and still not receive all the channels.
 
D

dbdsac

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
31
0
"Everything" -
Pronunciation: 'ev-rE-"thi[ng]
Function: pronoun
Date: 14th century
1 a : all that exists b : all that relates to the subject
2 : all that is important <you mean everything to me>
3 : all sorts of other things -- used to indicate related but unspecified events, facts, or conditions <all the pains and colds and everything -- E. B. White>

Hmmmm- the definition of everything seems pretty straight forward to me. One would think if he were signing up for the "everything" package he would get everything. Right??? The hole point of purchasing the AEP is to receive ALL programming available, not most channels available. My head hurts... :|
 
Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
18,097
7,678
Tampa/Eastern Ct
The website and handouts at local dealers clearly show what you get. It was designed to include all movies and all channels from the TOP 150 - their core progamming - at a reduced price without having to pay a year in advance. Nothing more, nothing less. (There wasn't even an HD pack then)
There is a very good reason not to include locals. Not everyone has them available, and the pricing by both providers purposely keeps them separate, a policy I agree with. What would you be saying if the price were higher and inculded locals that you don't get? And if you are saying they should include "everything" for the same price - I can't argue about impossible things. I want Dish to stay in business and make money. Direct TV came close to bankrupcy before being bought and has run in the red for a long time. Dish has been on solid ground and seems to know how to keep a balance between making money, and competing with cable and Direct TV. Last recent report shows they are gaining more subscribers and losing less than Direct TV.

The "almost everything pack" suggestion actually is not a bad idea however. I think it would make new subscribers look into it just because of the name, and would probably make someone ask what don't you get and give a chance to get them to buy the locals or sports pack or HD.
 
D

dbdsac

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
31
0
Tampa8 said:
The website and handouts at local dealers clearly show what you get. It was designed to include all movies and all channels from the TOP 150 - their core progamming - at a reduced price without having to pay a year in advance. Nothing more, nothing less. (There wasn't even an HD pack then)
There is a very good reason not to include locals. Not everyone has them available, and the pricing by both providers purposely keeps them separate, a policy I agree with. What would you be saying if the price were higher and inculded locals that you don't get? And if you are saying they should include "everything" for the same price - I can't argue about impossible things. I want Dish to stay in business and make money. Direct TV came close to bankrupcy before being bought and has run in the red for a long time. Dish has been on solid ground and seems to know how to keep a balance between making money, and competing with cable and Direct TV. Last recent report shows they are gaining more subscribers and losing less than Direct TV.

The "almost everything pack" suggestion actually is not a bad idea however. I think it would make new subscribers look into it just because of the name, and would probably make someone ask what don't you get and give a chance to get them to buy the locals or sports pack or HD.
I can understand not having all locals, that would be rediculous, agreed. But why not Foxsports, adult channels, etc. in a package called "Everything". I would be willing to pay a little more for ALL available programming. Please don't misunderstand, I simply feel AEP is a misleading name, that's all.
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
100,694
20,250
Newington, CT
I think they should rename the Everything Pak, "America's Best Value Pak"
 
rtt2

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
903
0
Well they should also rename the DirecTV packages as well. How stupid is the name Total Choice when the pacage does not give you the total choice of channels? Instead they name it Total Choice Plus - How can you have more than than total choice?
 
A

Alan Gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 20, 2003
569
0
Dawson, GA
rtt2 said:
Well they should also rename the DirecTV packages as well. How stupid is the name Total Choice when the pacage does not give you the total choice of channels? Instead they name it Total Choice Plus - How can you have more than than total choice?

"Total Choice Plus" is all their basic channels, not their sports channels or movie channels. To get all those in one package, you have to get "Total Choice Premiere" which is more expensive than the "America's Everything Package."


~Alan
 
rtt2

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
903
0
I understand, I guess my attempt at humor did not get conveyed well. I was just trying to point out how something named total choicwe should be the package that has all the channels. No names like Total Choice Plus or Total Choice Premier.
Instead it should be like Some Choice, More Choice, Total Choice
 
Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,565
340
Western WV
I think the package should be renamed if it does cause a lot of problems with people that think they do in fact have everything. For those that can get the locals they dont think about who can or who cant get locals, all they know is that it is not included in the everything package. Perhaps those that cannot get the locals should be able to get the distants or superstations or a credit on their bill, if it were to really be an everything package.

Perhaps its not about what the package has but the name of the package.
 
A

Alan Gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 20, 2003
569
0
Dawson, GA
rtt2 said:
I understand, I guess my attempt at humor did not get conveyed well. I was just trying to point out how something named total choicwe should be the package that has all the channels. No names like Total Choice Plus or Total Choice Premier.
Instead it should be like Some Choice, More Choice, Total Choice

No, I completely agree, I always thought it was a misleading name. I remember when they had other packages including "Select Choice" and one more that I don't remember the name of. Of course, I also remember when you had to have a subscription to USSB for some of the channels...


~Alan
 
C

Crhorsley

Thread Starter
Member
Nov 19, 2003
5
0
I just think the HD pack SHOULD be included in the AEP. That's all.
 
Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
18,097
7,678
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Then you SHOULD also pay more for it, right? But more importantly, what about the vast majority who do not have an HD receiver? HD is NOT mainstream yet. There is not one person I know who has an HD receiver, and very few with HD capable sets. (Of course not counting on the forums) Why raise the price for something very very few can or perhaps want to get? Again, the whole idea of the AEP was to provide the core proramming at a reduced price without having to pay a year in advance. Not to make an expensive package with all the bells and whistles that a very few would buy. If your premise is they can add these things and not raise the price I have to say you are quite wrong.
 

Similar threads

B
Replies
13
Views
2K
Mainstreet
M
K
Replies
5
Views
3K
Mr Tony
M
R
Replies
13
Views
3K
reddice
reddice
S
Replies
4
Views
2K
Stryf3
S
Mike_H
Replies
1
Views
854
HDRoberts
HDRoberts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top