Does an outdoor OTA antenna (no dish) require a hopper?

AndyQuestion

Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
New York
As the title suggests, I'm a little confused on whether or not an outdoor OTA antenna would need to connect to a hopper to broadcast channels on my television - I do not have and am not interested in satellite television.

Would it matter if I wanted to have it available on two different televisions?

Does anyone know?

As the title suggests, I'm a little confused on whether or not an outdoor OTA antenna would need to connect to a hopper to broadcast channels on my television - I do not have and am not interested in satellite television.

Would it matter if I wanted to have it available on two different televisions?

Does anyone know?
You don’t need a Hopper at all. In fact your present TV probably has a TV tuner in it already and will work just fine. You just need a coax cable from that OTA antenna to the TV. If you have two TVs simply run a second coax to that one.

Scott Greczkowski was there something wonky with the XenForo software? It looks like three threads were created in the Support Forum that shouldn't have been.

Just make sure that your tv has a built-in tuner. Some of the newer ones do not. In that case you would have to buy a stand alone tuner. Had to do that with my newest Vizio.
That is true, my 2016 Vizio doesn't have a tuner. Vizio brought back tuners in 2018... As far as I know all other other brands have tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts