Does anyone else find Hopper search almost unusable?

MikeMoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Ada, MI
Hi

My Hopper has a lot of glitches but the search function drives me crazy.
When I start searching I have to go very slowly, or it will zip to some other letter key just as I type the next one.

I have to wait a few seconds to see if it's going to stay on the letter selected or zoom off someplace else.

Every time I search some key will get stuck, turn blue and not work after that.

I'f it's a key I need for the search I have to exit and start over, sometimes this happens over and over until I give up.

I'd much rather that it would stop searching while I'm typing and just search for what I'm looking for when I click on Search, then the way it does work, which is I'm sure the reason that it is so slow and glitchy.

Plus, why can't you set the search parameters and then type in your search criteria?

I.e. tell it you are searching for a TV Show and then go to the screen where you type in the search information.

That would cut down on the number of hits that keep popping up while I'm trying to enter the information.

Mike

I agree search has gotten worse and worse since even the first Hopper. You used to be able to search for keywords that appear in the description of shows and movies which would make it easy to search for premiere events. But not any more. And its even worse with the new UI. The new UI trys to make it easier by guessing what you want, but all the guessing removes the ability for you to just search for what you want. They are really using too much technology for something that would otherwise be simple.

Reactions: WiCkeDuDe
Agree
Dish Networks search function is the worst I've ever used.
The Tivo Roamio and Even Directvs HR series are miles ahead of the Hoppers.

Its to the point that I stopped using the search function.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It is Vastly improved on the Hopper 3. On the HWS and earlier your description is just the way it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)