Does anyone have these recievers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Personally, I think that these are DVB-S receivers, and our current concentration is on receivers that are DVB-S2 compliant , as well, since we have an increasing proportion of DVB-S2 feeds. When you consider that older generation DVB-S receivers, like the Coolsat 5000/6000 series are so inexpensive on ebay, it's hard to get excited about paying NEW stb prices for a unit that does not handle DVB-S2 , considering the relatively low prices of some DVB-S2 boxes. I'm sure that if a distributor wanted to send an evaluation unit to Iceberg, he'd be glad to review it, when he got the time. :)

Yup the Iceberg loves to review things. And believe it or not you dont need to be a sponsor fr us to review your product, in fact I think its better if we are not. :)

Oh I see. I wasn't aware of that. I dont really need HD, I just want to get my feet wet in the hobby. Seems like the openbox s9 would fit great then to really be compliant. Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
I know Galaxy-Marketing use ot have a PVR model that I wanted ot try out and review but now they carry the GeosatPro (the one SatelliteAV sells)

Honestly new DVB & SD only units are (I feel) a thing of the past. While they work great on 97W for the advanced user they are basically a secondary receiver. I use my Coolsat 5000 as a "main" receiver (hooked to the motor and use it to blind scan) mainly because my Manhattan I'm testing new beta software all the time and when you upgrade it wipes everything clean so I dont want to be programming in satellite motor spots all the time ;)

Oh I see. I wasn't aware of that. I dont really need HD, I just want to get my feet wet in the hobby. Seems like the openbox s9 would fit great then to really be compliant. Thanks for the comments.
The S9 has a few things that it doesn't do quite right, but the price IS right to get your feet wet. Since you're just starting out and don't have a lot of dishes in the yard, you could also consider the new Manhattan Rs-1933 which is more expensive , but MIGHT have a better blindscan, and seems to have a better PVR function. You know your budget and needs better than I .:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.