GEOSATpro Does anyone know how to convert an ali and udf satellite channel list to a downloadable file?

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
Ok I have used the ali channel editor with my udf file and pulled up my entire channel list on the editor.

Now what I was wondering and have tried to do is somehow put this entire channel list into a downloadable file to where I could send it to a friend so he could see all my channels on fta.

Basically just want to know how to make my channel list on ali into a file.

thanks

There is a channel list print option in the Mediabox Editor Studio software. You could also export the file from MES as Text or Excel.

I am confused. Ok here is what i did step by step

1. I loaded my channel list of my micro hd.

2. I opened up the ali editor and brought up my complete channel list on there.

3. I hit save as and it created a file for me on my desktop.

4. whenever i click on the file all I get is a bunch of letters, no channel list or anything close to one, just tons of letters and junk

I tried the MES editor and whenever I go to open up my .udf channel list on there I get an error message saying invalid file format while opening?

I tried to use the channel list file I created with the ali editor by opening it with the MES editor, however when i do that I see my list flash on the screen in RED writing but it disapears and i cant figure how to pull it up!

I am thoroughly confused! all i want is to be able to make a downloadable file of my channel list so I can email it to people where they can just straight up open it and see my entire list of sats and channels.

thanks

Skyscanner, You could have your friend download a copy of the Ali editor and then email them the .Abs file I guess.....
They could open the file and look at it same as you or I would...I haven't used the other editor Brian mentioned so I can't help ya there

I am confused. Ok here is what i did step by step

1. I loaded my channel list of my micro hd.

2. I opened up the ali editor and brought up my complete channel list on there.

3. I hit save as and it created a file for me on my desktop.

4. whenever i click on the file all I get is a bunch of letters, no channel list or anything close to one, just tons of letters and junk

I tried the MES editor and whenever I go to open up my .udf channel list on there I get an error message saying invalid file format while opening?

I tried to use the channel list file I created with the ali editor by opening it with the MES editor, however when i do that I see my list flash on the screen in RED writing but it disapears and i cant figure how to pull it up!

I am thoroughly confused! all i want is to be able to make a downloadable file of my channel list so I can email it to people where they can just straight up open it and see my entire list of sats and channels.

thanks
Step by Step to Print Channel Names
  • Open MES
  • Press F9
  • Select microHD
  • Select Import and press Enter
  • Select the microHD .udf file
  • Select Open and press Enter
  • Click OK to accept the satellite/transponder/channel loading
  • Press Control+F1 to display channels
  • Select the Channels that you wish to display in your list
  • Press F11 to Export
  • Select Text file type
  • Click Export
  • Select destination
  • Name the file
  • Click Save
  • Export only selected channels Click Yes or No
  • The text file will now be available to be opened in Excel or a text program

I would open the text file in Excel
Select the column with the channel names
Copy and paste to Word
Format
Print

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)