Does anyone know why sometimes when I push the pause button, it will switch to Netflix?

MikeMoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Ada, MI
Every once in a while when I push the pause button, it will switch to Netflix or some other service I don't use, and then I can't get out of it. I end up having to shut off the receiver and restart it.
When I restart, it asks me if I want to leave the service whatever it is, and I can get out.

Most of the time it's Netflix, the other problem is that it will just go black and do the restart routine when ever it feels like it, even though it's set to do it at 3am. This is especially painful when, as it did yesterday, it happens a few minutes before the end of the program and I never find out how it ended.

I find things that I've set to record, recorded in two pieces with space missing from the middle, because it decided to reset in the middle of it.

Like all these Hoppers it has a lot of glitches but this one which was replaced recently seems especially bad.

Might be worth going into the settings for the remote and see what is set for the diamond and double diamond buttons (on a 54.0 type) or other customizable buttons (on a different remote) and try changing those to something else. I would also do a triple press on Home and then Diagnostics and see if you've got Hard Drive notifications. Then I would call Dish and ask 'em real nicely to send a replacement Hopper.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts