Does anyone subscribe to Bell woyh 82 only?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
After some thought.. since I will not be able to receive G1, it looks like having Bell with 91 only is my best solution. I will get my French channeld in HD, but no standard def. and the guide will only be for 2 days. I get a super strong signal signal on 82 with my 4 foot offset dish.
My question is... will I have trouble with authorization and software upgrades with 82 only?

My system was initially authorized years back when I could still see 91. I lost that a year ago, of course, and it's been workable but a bit exciting with just 82, mostly just due to a marginal signal. The 2-day guide is available, but of course that is not on my strongest transponder so some days the box doesn't have a guide. If it doesn't have a guide after a reboot, it won't let you change anything, but your timers for the day will fire. There are still code paths in the firmware that panic due to signal errors, so that happens too often here. I woke up today to an all-red guide with no channels authorized - it had been awhile since the receiver saw an authorization. I was able to "synchronize programming" and get that resolved, fortunately. As more transponders have gone to 8PSK, I think I have them available more of the time, but it's now dropped off a bit since it's summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts