Is there a chance that a 120cm dish will get me 91 back?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I live on the va/nc border. I cannot get any signal on a, 30 inch dish. Is there a chance I will be able to get 91 with a 4 foot dish or is it a lost cause? I was also considering trying to get Anik G1.

What are you wanting on 91?

Sent From My Rooted Kindle Fire HD via SatelliteGuys Reader!!

Think he wants Bell on 91w since he mentioned no signal.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Re-Is there a chance that a 120cm dish will get 91 back?

I dont think you will get a good singnal. I live 100 miles south of NYC near Atlantic City and with a 120cm I could pickup a very
weak signal about 56 Q on a clear day. On a cloudy day forget it. I think you would be wasting your time and money. edlkll

No offence folks but Bell blows anyways. All their "canadiana" content can either be streamed online or is available in the US on another station. ie- Comedy Central vs Comedy Channel, SyFy vs Space...

Think he wants Bell on 91w since he mentioned no signal.

Duh was half asleep and thought I was in the FTA forum. :rolleyes:

On another forum, there is someone who claims to be getting 91 in Tampa, FL on a 120cm dish. I find this hard to believe. He might be getting 82 because I can get 82 on a 30" here. I just do not want to spend $300, just to test.

On another forum, there is someone who claims to be getting 91 in Tampa, FL on a 120cm dish. I find this hard to believe. He might be getting 82 because I can get 82 on a 30" here. I just do not want to spend $300, just to test.

With the thousands of Canadian "snow birds" in Florida 5 months a year... it shouldnt be hard to found out. Just need to check out any trailer/motor home/camping park and ask.

Cheers, K

I am in Philadelphia with the 9242 receiver (which has it's problems-I don't think relating to signal) with the 30" dish at 82 deg.all transponders are good except when it rains. Tr#15 and #30 are 70% with the others lower. Now with a 36" on 91 deg. I get NO signal now-when it was first launched I could get tr# 4,8,12,16,20,24,28,32 on a clear day-any clouds forget it. I am surprised if someone is getting the 82 sat in Florida...anyway I am going to be in Canada soon and will buy the Shaw system-connect it there and then come back down here!

Re-Is there a chance that a 120cm dish will get 91 back?

I live about 100 miles south of NYC in south jersey. With a 6ft dish I got 91 back but with a weak signal its about 61% on a clear day and on a cloudy day it goes down around 47% and some TPs are weaker. But I found out with a 4ft dish I can pickup 82 with a really good signal its around 78% so I watch more of 82. You said you live around philly. If you got a bigger dish you should get a better signal then I get with 91. I have 2 separate dishes. One 4ft and one 6ft. Buy the way I am using a fta hd receiver not a dish receiver. edlkll

I live about 100 miles south of NYC in south jersey. With a 6ft dish I got 91 back but with a weak signal its about 61% on a clear day and on a cloudy day it goes down around 47% and some TPs are weaker. But I found out with a 4ft dish I can pickup 82 with a really good signal its around 78% so I watch more of 82. You said you live around philly. If you got a bigger dish you should get a better signal then I get with 91. I have 2 separate dishes. One 4ft and one 6ft. Buy the way I am using a fta hd receiver not a dish receiver. edlkll

How do u watch more 82 using an fta hd receiver when that is a paid service and requires a bell hd receiver to watch?? I smell hacker here :thumbdown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)