Does BHN have the Brrrrriiiip problem like DirecTV?

Larry

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Southern California
Does BHN have the Brrrriiip problem like DirecTV?

For those of you who are wondering "what in the world is this guy talking about?"[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXDUNv7wQE]YouTube - DTV1 0000[/ame]

The clip was provided by Ken S from the other site...Thanks Ken.

What you say is "Briiip" Is coming referred to as "Pixelation" or "Digital Breakup" or a number of other things. and Yes. Any carrier even OTA Digital signals will from time to time have that issue. It should not be anything you see regularly by any means though. You also will not see it more/less then satellite if all things are working properly. The problem can happen for a number of reasons.

So yes while you shouldnt see it, its possible you might. If it happens more then once in a blue moon call and have them look at it.

Thanks for the response.

This problem is the primary reason I'm considering leaving DirecTV. It has been getting worse and worse...up to several times in any given program. It even shows up now and then on OTA programming. :(

I can handle once in a while as long as that's all...once in a while.

I would check the signal levels. It is very possible that a strong gust of wind moved it just a hair and your no longer getting optimum signal.

Or it could be the box is going bad. Or it could be the cable is going bad.

Most of the times, its the actual fittings gone bad and causing interference. Snip off the old connectors and put some new ones on the outside. Those are usually the first to go. It helps if you have a friend with the correct tools to put good fittings on also.

I had a serious pix problem with BH and kind of ignored it. It got worse and I Googled the problem and learned so much. They sent a tech out and we both discussed/knew the problem well. He had been working on this for near 10 years. He solved it after checking several onsite areas and loctaed it at a central area about a block or so from my house. I only wished I had called them months before. As one writer stated the cause can be in several areas. He went outside to the close box and hooked up his signal equipment. Knew it was offsite at that point. Within 15 minutes the problem was gone. Only do I see this on a rare occasion now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)