Does Comcast have free previews?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just wondered if they had freeviews and if so where would one find that info?

Since I have a Tivo I have all the stations I dont get (and the SD dupes) blocked from the guide so I wouldnt know otherwise.

http://corporate.comcast.com/media-center/watchathon

Pretty much every movie and series free for a week on demand, including the premium channels, they do this every year ( this upcoming one is the 4th event).
But what if you dont subscribe to the station?

I was more looking for something like free channels. The streaming thing doesn't really do it for me as you can't FF through most of the shows.

But what if you dont subscribe to the station?

I was more looking for something like free channels. The streaming thing doesn't really do it for me as you can't FF through most of the shows.

Does not matter, everything is free for the week, say you want to watch every episode of Game of Thrones...free subscribe or not, and it is not streaming, it is on your set top via On Demand which I assume your TiVo gets via a Cable Card..

Tony, It's different when compared to Dish and Directv. At first when I'd hear about the free previews I would try to tune to the channel,later realizing it's only VOD. I'll still take it though.

Tony, It's different when compared to Dish and Directv. At first when I'd hear about the free previews I would try to tune to the channel,later realizing it's only VOD. I'll still take it though.

I prefer it on demand, with free channels for the weekend you might just get 1 or 2 episodes of a series, with the watchaton you get every episode of every season, I have discovered so many series over the last 3 years during the Watchaton that I never watched before, Strike Back, Banshee, Game of Thrones, Blacklist, Orphan Black, Elementary, Sopranos, Penny Dreadful, Homeland and a bunch more I can't even think of.

Thanks for the confirmation

I don't know how you would get it on the TiVo, if you even would.. but when Comcast is doing a free preview, sometimes they actually send a message to the cable box. Like email, kind of? You go into the menu and there is a mail envelope icon that you open and there are messages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts