Does D* always have an announcement for new HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deez04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
High Point, NC
So, does directv always have an announcement before they add any new HD channels? I was trying to recall if every HD add had been preceded by an announcement.

If that is the case---then no announcement always means no new channels, right?

Has any channel ever been added and then there is an announcement?

Or is it always announcment-channels!

reason I ask, no new announcements in a while?

do we ever just wake up to new channels?

no, mostly there is not a major pre-announcement. usually they either just come on OR the day or two before they are own you may get a small announcement. I think they reserve pre-announcements for BIG channels or pkgs.

no, mostly there is not a major pre-announcement. usually they either just come on OR the day or two before they are own you may get a small announcement. I think they reserve pre-announcements for BIG channels or pkgs.

Thanks!
so when do you think we will get some new adds? I know there are 2000 posts about his question already but don't you think some announcement should come soon?

Likely so, in the next few weeks, but would I never worry about it too much; its football season and they always concentrate on that ans new customer subscriptions this time of year via their promos and such; not to mention if I remember correctly, they said just before or maybe just after the last sat launch that it would be sometime in the fall before channels would go up; so I didn't expect much, if anything until mid October to maybe even November and I also never buy into or hold any faith into rumors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)