Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Like it says above, three previews in September:

HBO / Cinemax 9/5 - 9/8

Starz 9/11 - 9/14

Sports Pack 9/19 - 9/21

Also, Starz has a $25 Best Buy gift card offer if you add it during the preview.
The rebate on the Directv web site is still the April version, I'd expect a new version to be up in September.

I wonder if ESPNU hd will be previewing in the sports pack that weekend??

I think it will have to be taken out before a deal is done.

Can you watch and/or record the on demand programs during the free previews?

HBO / Cinemax 9/5 - 9/8

Starz 9/11 - 9/14

Sports Pack 9/19 - 9/21

Also, Starz has a $25 Best Buy gift card offer if you add it during the preview.
The rebate on the Directv web site is still the April version, I'd expect a new version to be up in September.

Jason, do you post all the free previews on this site every month? I just cancelled all my premium services today so I am very interested in these updates. My DVR will be ready!

We post them whenever we hear about them.

Most of these come every 3-6 months. They don't have a free preview every month.

Jason, do you post all the free previews on this site every month? I just cancelled all my premium services today so I am very interested in these updates. My DVR will be ready!

I get an email notification from Freepreview.com it shows all the providers that are having free previews.

HBO / Cinemax 9/5 - 9/8

Starz 9/11 - 9/14

Sports Pack 9/19 - 9/21

Nice! HBO for the Entourage season premier!

HBO / Cinemax 9/5 - 9/8

Starz 9/11 - 9/14

Sports Pack 9/19 - 9/21

I'm a newbie, so be gentle if I screw up(and let me know what I did wrong). I dropped HBO/Showtime because it seemed like it was the same movies, over and over again. I went with an online DVD rental company(don't know if I'm allowed to use the name)to rent Blu Ray discs, in lieu of HBO/Showtime. My question involves the $25 BB gift card. I might be tempted to try Starz, but what kind of commitment do you have if you accept the $25 gift card? I'd hate to be stuck with a movie channel that I didn't like for a year just to get gift card from Best Buy.

Last edited:
I wonder if ESPNU hd will be previewing in the sports pack that weekend??

I think it will have to be taken out before a deal is done.

Any firm word or time projection about ESPNU HD on Directv? From what I understand only Fios and some cable companies have signed ESPNU HD, as of this date.

My question involves the $25 BB gift card. I might be tempted to try Starz, but what kind of commitment do you have if you accept the $25 gift card? I'd hate to be stuck with a movie channel that I didn't like for a year just to get gift card from Best Buy.

dont know this time but may be the same as last time when the deal was to get the $25 gift card u had to keep the channel 2 months....so the $12 x 2 months = $24...so its like a breakeven.

dont know this time but may be the same as last time when the deal was to get the $25 gift card u had to keep the channel 2 months....so the $12 x 2 months = $24...so its like a breakeven.

Thanks, that makes sense to do it that way. I just received a letter from Directv giving me 3 months of free Showtime for being a long standing customer. I had Showtime and dropped them, but for free, heck I'll record a few HD movies on their dime.

HBO free preview

Apparently there is a free HBO preview this weekend. I havent confirmed this myself yet, just read it elswhere

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts