September Free Previews: Sports 9/19-9/21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HBO Preview

This weekend as I am sure most of you know D* offered a free preview of HBO. What I want to know is, are any of you still getting the preview. Well, I am. No sure what to do about it. I like getting HBO, but I sure don't want to pay for it. I would be interested in hearing from anybody that is still getting the free preview.

Yep. Still getting here. It will probably go off today sometime as yesterday was the last day of the preview.

I'm a newbie, so be gentle if I screw up(and let me know what I did wrong). I dropped HBO/Showtime because it seemed like it was the same movies, over and over again. I went with an online DVD rental company(don't know if I'm allowed to use the name)to rent Blu Ray discs, in lieu of HBO/Showtime. My question involves the $25 BB gift card. I might be tempted to try Starz, but what kind of commitment do you have if you accept the $25 gift card? I'd hate to be stuck with a movie channel that I didn't like for a year just to get gift card from Best Buy.
Offer expires 10/15/08. Mail in request required. Limit one offer per household during offer period. Only one (1) Starz subscription gift offer is allowed per person during any 12 month period. Valid only for new Starz Super Pack subscribers with DIRECTV who sign up between 8/26/08 and 10/15/08. Minimum (2) month paid subscription to Starz Super Pack with DIRECTV required to receive $25 Best Buy Gift Card. A U.S. address is required for delivery. May not be combined with any other offer. In order to receive $25 Best Buy Gift Card, click here to download and print out the coupon. Fill in your name, address and DIRECTV account number (necessary in order to verify (2) month subscription) and return it with copies of your first two (2) DIRECTV billing statements showing Starz subscription to the following address: DIRECTV Best Buy Offer Dept. 5932, P.O. Box 5007 Stacy, MN 55078-5007. Coupon and billing statements must be postmarked by 1/1/09 and received by 1/7/09. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Customers may go to starzcustomerservice.mycheckstatus.com MyCheckSTATUS - Find your submission status[/url] or call 1-866-209-4736 to check the status of his/her gift card. VOID where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Starz Entertainment, LLC (STE) is not responsible for and will not honor damaged, late, lost, incomplete, illegible or postage due requests. Employees of STE, and its affiliates and agents are not eligible to participate. Gift Card not redeemable for cash. Lost, stolen, or damaged Gift Cards replaced only with valid proof of purchase to extent of remaining Gift Card balance. Not valid as payment on Best Buy charge card. Redeemable at any U. S. Best Buy retail location and online at bestbuy.com for merchandise and services only. BEST BUY® is not affiliated with Starz Entertainment, LLC. Best Buy does not sponsor, endorse, approve or have any responsibility for this promotion. BEST BUY and the BEST BUY logo are trademarks of Best Buy Enterprise Services, Inc.

Offer expires 10/15/08. Mail in request required. Limit one offer per household during offer period. Only one (1) Starz subscription gift offer is allowed per person during any 12 month period. Valid only for new Starz Super Pack subscribers with DIRECTV who sign up between 8/26/08 and 10/15/08. Minimum (2) month paid subscription to Starz Super Pack with DIRECTV required to receive $25 Best Buy Gift Card. A U.S. address is required for delivery. May not be combined with any other offer. In order to receive $25 Best Buy Gift Card, click here to download and print out the coupon. Fill in your name, address and DIRECTV account number (necessary in order to verify (2) month subscription) and return it with copies of your first two (2) DIRECTV billing statements showing Starz subscription to the following address: DIRECTV Best Buy Offer Dept. 5932, P.O. Box 5007 Stacy, MN 55078-5007. Coupon and billing statements must be postmarked by 1/1/09 and received by 1/7/09. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Customers may go to starzcustomerservice.mycheckstatus.com MyCheckSTATUS - Find your submission status[/url] or call 1-866-209-4736 to check the status of his/her gift card. VOID where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Starz Entertainment, LLC (STE) is not responsible for and will not honor damaged, late, lost, incomplete, illegible or postage due requests. Employees of STE, and its affiliates and agents are not eligible to participate. Gift Card not redeemable for cash. Lost, stolen, or damaged Gift Cards replaced only with valid proof of purchase to extent of remaining Gift Card balance. Not valid as payment on Best Buy charge card. Redeemable at any U. S. Best Buy retail location and online at bestbuy.com for merchandise and services only. BEST BUY® is not affiliated with Starz Entertainment, LLC. Best Buy does not sponsor, endorse, approve or have any responsibility for this promotion. BEST BUY and the BEST BUY logo are trademarks of Best Buy Enterprise Services, Inc.

Thanks for the info. As it turned out, I ended up getting 3 months free Starz, due to a problem with my HD receiver. They have given me so many
$programming credits, that a movie pack was the only thing left. I LOVE Directv customer service.

I gotta start putting these things in my calendar. I missed all the movie previews and don't have much of a use for the Sports one. I swear on the 15th I heard my HR20 say, "Moron" in Morse Code with it's hard drive clicking. ;p

Well, today's the 19th, they have not turned on the Sports Pack yet.
I was hoping to watch the Red Sox game, but No Joy ......

What good id previewing the Sports Pack if they don't give you the first game of the weekend.

Maybe it will kick on at 8 pm ..... maybe

Jimbo

Jimbo - sports pack won't include MLB games, those need extra innings.

Sports pack gets many college games, and non-pro content on the RSNs, like pregame/postgame, highlights, poker, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts