does d* ship hd-dvrs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xstation

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
I ordered an hd-dvr on friday and was told that it would be installed until the 21st (which is a sunday)!! Do installers even work on sundays?

Anyways, I thought to myself, why not just ask directv to ship the receiver and I can install it myself.

It would replace a SD receiver which already has a wire all I would need to do is connect a second wire which I have.

Question is, does directv ship HD-DVR or do they consider them too expensive to ship them? Or do I have to wait until the installer comes?

I already had two HD DVR's and replaced our last SD DVR a week or so ago. They shipped it to us, so they do ship them. But, Jason is right -- you'll need a new dish for the new HD DVR. I'd just be patient and let them come do their job :)

I was in the same situation several months ago. I had an HD DVR with the AT-9 dish.

I needed a replacement DVR to replace the one I had. I asked to have htem ship it ot me and I'd just swap it out.

Nope, They insisted that a tech come out to install the DVR.

Ok, not ready to argue.

Tech shows up with the new DVR AND a slimline dish.

Tech informs me that orders for new or replacement DVR's for customers with "older" dish's are automatically upgraded to the slimline dish at that time.

Tech complained that CSR's are either uninformed or just not telling customers of the requirement.

Tech further explained that he was informed that D* is trying to standardize HD installations across the board to make it easier for service calls.

That's what I was told. Correct or incorrect. I don't know. Everything is working and that's what counts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)