Does Direct Tv have an HD receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
with built in OTA? If so, what is the model #.

Thanks.

H20 and HR20 are the HD versions with an OTA tuner, at least the ones that are current and handle MPEG4 technology.
There may be a few more, but these are the ones I keep up with onfo on, also the H21 series is new and out there, but does NOT have an OTA built in, but it is available with an add on OTA tuner.

Jimbo

H20 and HR20 are the HD versions with an OTA tuner, at least the ones that are current and handle MPEG4 technology.
There may be a few more, but these are the ones I keep up with onfo on, also the H21 series is new and out there, but does NOT have an OTA built in, but it is available with an add on OTA tuner.

Jimbo
...known as the AM21 and it too is integrated into the guide data.

Last edited:
H21 does not at this time support the AM21, HR21 does support the AM21.

I did not know that. :( It supports the DVR but not the regular rec. that's interesting, I wonder why that is and are they going to impliment it for the H21.

So someone with a H21 has NO option for OTA programming at this time ....

Jimbo

I did not know that. :( It supports the DVR but not the regular rec. that's interesting, I wonder why that is and are they going to impliment it for the H21.

So someone with a H21 has NO option for OTA programming at this time ....

Jimbo

The option for OTA programming if you have a H21 is to use the ATSC tuner in your TV. Just a guess on my part but D* probably didn't add AM21 capability to the HR21's because there isnt' the pressing need to have OTA on it vs. the HR21's. Yea, it would be nice to have a single input for DBS and OTA and the intergrated guide but with D* looking to cut costs they probably figured it wasn't cost benefitial to them.

With that said, one of the mods over at DBSTallk asked if H21 users would make use of the AM21 capability so maybe D*'s rethinking their decision.

The option for OTA programming if you have a H21 is to use the ATSC tuner in your TV. Just a guess on my part but D* probably didn't add AM21 capability to the HR21's because there isnt' the pressing need to have OTA on it vs. the HR21's. Yea, it would be nice to have a single input for DBS and OTA and the intergrated guide but with D* looking to cut costs they probably figured it wasn't cost benefitial to them.

With that said, one of the mods over at DBSTallk asked if H21 users would make use of the AM21 capability so maybe D*'s rethinking their decision.

I certianly hope my HR20 and H 20 hang in there for a long time, seeing I use my OTA set up every day ... I don't really want to have to start adding other equipment to get what I already get.

Jimbo

Didn't know where to post this & didn't want to create a new thread but anyone with an H20 see a huge speed bump in the guide/interface this past weekend (08/16). I've never been a big fan of the H20 (though it does have OTA support) & have placed them around the house where I hardly would use them. I had a party this evening & noticed the guide reaction time was 3-fold what I remember it being. I hadn't noticed any software upgrades but it is nice to see.

h 20s are being phased out completely , all we have in the warehouse is hr 21s and h 23s , so if you need one your local installing company might not even have one !
best look to another source

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)