Does Direct TV have any counterpart to Dish Network's TV Everywhere

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DocPit

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Midwest
First let me say, I'm not trolling. I have no connection whatever to Dish Network. And I know precious little about satellite TV. I'm a newbie, trying to learn, and trying to decide what service to get when I move into a new home at the end of the month.

What I like about Dish Network's ViP722k+Sling Adapter combo is that I can place an internet ready TV or a laptop in any room, whether or not it is wired with cable, and, using either wireless or a PLC adapter, I can watch live or recorded content. I like the flexibility of setting up a "viewing station" (TV or laptop) anywhere in the house without being constrained by wiring. Being able to access TV from any WiFi hotspot also is nice.

I just started looking at some of the Direct TV packages. They seem a lot more straightforward than the offerings from Dish, and I like that. I was just wondering about that flexibility issue. I know that DTV has the "whole house" option, but, as I understand it, that still requires that the TV be connected to the home cable system.

Any info to a question asked in good faith would be much appreciated.

Each TV in a MRV system needs it's own box connected with coax home run back to a splitter. If I'm not mistaken, though, you could still hook a Slingbox to a DirecTV receiver to achieve your desired results.

Thanks very much. Actually, I realize that I was wrong when I said "I can place an internet ready TV or a laptop in any room." An internet ready TV would still need to be connected to the home cable network because it can only access content provided by the manufacturer. It can't browse the web. A PC would be able to login to the Dish account. Again, thanks for your help.

You can have TV Everywhere just like DISH has it by buying and installing a Slingbox.

It's that easy... your TV Everywhere!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)