does DirecTV have any plans on launching a temp channel for Hurricane Harvey coverage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
remember last year when Hurricane Matthew affected the mid atlantic states and DirecTV launched a temp channel that had a rotation of local stations wall to wall coverage of Matthew. does DirecTV have any plans to launch a similar channel for the next few days while the zombie Hurricane Harvey hits the Texas coast lines with coverage from several TV stations in south Texas in the path of Harvey.

i want to know so we DTV customer can see what Harvey's doing from the POV of the local markets affected.

If they do look for channel 362-1 or somewhere in that area. By the way,is a zombie hurricane worse than a regular one?

Just showed up on the guide mix 361-1 severe weather channel 361-2 no programming yet

Last edited:
I'm surprised a movie hasn't been made along those lines. Zombie hurricane! With zombies traveling inside the eye of the hurricane... lol.. kind of like The Fog.

Also.. stay safe down there everyone! Property can be replaced, good people can't be. :)

I'm surprised a movie hasn't been made along those lines. Zombie hurricane! With zombies traveling inside the eye of the hurricane... lol.. kind of like The Fog.

Also.. stay safe down there everyone! Property can be replaced, good people can't be. :)
"Z Nation", the zombie apocalypse them tv series created by The Aslyum to be sort of a parody of the more serious show "The Walking Dead" that airs on SyFy has already did a Zombie filled Tornado. now i'm sure sooner or later, they may do a zombie filled hurricane too.

Hey guys any idea why my 361.1 show not subscribed but my 362.2 works... I have the Preferred Extra Package. Thanks

As with Mathew last year, watching the local coverage is a night and day difference from watching The Weather Channel. For The Weather Channel, it's seems like it's all about ratings and showing a reporter hanging on to street signs and the 'excitement' of it all. The local anchors know that their lives, the lives of their loved ones and the community they serve may be dramatically impacted in a negative manner, and speak with concern, not enthusiastically barking out buzz words..

Reactions: Annie61 and Jimbo
These channels are a nice extra. My wife's sister is visiting and her daughter lives on the Texas coast and she appreciated the service.

I realize that Corpus Christi is a small market, but the female anchor on its channel 3 (Tegna, nee Gannett) was really inappropriate, combination of giggley morning TV happy talk and snipes at the male anchor when he said things like "fireman" rather than "firefighter". When you go to emergency mode you need to be serious.

i hate that DirecTV killed the channel way too soon, now the storm is causing a major flooding event in Houston and i think we need coverage from the Houston stations compare to TWC, WN, and the cable news channels who prefer the bickering and aurgements and Trump coverage then hard news like this.

Agreed, I know the locals went back to network yesterday but AT&T should've picked up coverage when they went back on the air. They totally missed the boat on this one. The landfall of the storm wasn't the story, the aftermath was...

Why the hell did dtv drop SWC channels 361-1 and 361-2 when we have major flooding going on that is life threatening are you really sure you wanna do this.I'm calling to bitch this is complete Bullsh!t.

Completely agree. Arguably the worst is happening now, and probably still to come. I've resorted the streaming the various stations from their websites. Much better coverage than the national channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts