Does DirecTv have to point the same way as Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwim

Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
Pennsylvania
I ordered Dish. The guy came today. Said he couldn't install it because of one tree in one spot. Never mind that there was empty skies in about 15 other places on/around the house, that one tree keeps us from getting dish. He left.

I ordered DirectTV today for install tomorrow, but I guess I'm trying to determine if i should be prepared to but shut down again... There is already a directv dish on the roof, from a previous owner/tenant.

DirecTV birds are in a different location than Dish of course. Having an old DirecTV dish is a good indication you will be fine.

Directv only needs to see between 99 and 103 degrees, Dish needs to see either from 110 to 129 or 61.5 to 77 depending on where you live. So Directv is less likely to have issues since it isn't as wide of an arc.

The fact there is an old Directv dish doesn't mean much, it could have been 10 years ago when the trees were smaller...

There are plenty of Dish pointer apps for your smart phone.

Keep in mind they are not always 100% accurate but it’s worth looking into it.

Also consider calling your local Dish retailer as if there is a way they will make it work.

The only thing Dish has an advantage over Directv is Eastern and western arc satellites.

Even if your locals are only on eastern arc, it is possible to do western arc with NO locals and use an antenna.

Or even 2 or 3 dishes to get around a line of site issue.

Directv, if you can’t use the slimline at 99/101/103 there are no other solutions.

The dish installer May have also done you a favor having you order Directv :)

Reactions: JSheridan
It seems like direct tv may have options Swm switches 8 16 30 allows multiple dishes installed . i wonder if the otp got his dish installed. I guess there is no reason not to have either directv or dish installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts