Does Dish have anything similar to Directv's Cutting Edge?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Over the past year we have had a number of testing opportunities that our members were part of. These were advertised and members were selected and the testing was done here in a private forum.

Be on the lookout for further testing opportunities, as we post opening when we have them, and they usually fill up quick. :)

I actually think Dish does offer a decent amount of testing. As a retailer I was able to test the 922 receiver well before it was released. I know most of you think the customer was beta the tester but that's not true. The 922 was different before you got your hands on it and whether you believe it or not there were improvements made to it before the public saw it.

I've been a part of other testing for features including on the Hopper. I've been able to be a part of it not because I'm a retailer but solely because I'm a Pub Member here. Just remember that if you are considering membership.

Ah, now the truth comes out. So the testing of new equipment has been the responsibility of the retailers. Now it all makes sense, and we're all doomed. :D ;)

Ah, now the truth comes out. So the testing of new equipment has been the responsibility of the retailers. Now it all makes sense, and we're all doomed. :D ;)

Well, the only one I know we were able to test was the 922. I bet it really makes sense now. LOL. You should have seen that receiver then, it was so full of bugs but it also had so many new things that I had never seen before. It had the built in Sling and I believe the ability to access the internet. It had the touch pad remote and as cool as it seemed it was terrible to use. Be glad that never got to the customer. Many of the great features you love on the Hopper started out on the 922 so I'd say the 922 was more of a pioneer. If you think about it, that had a ton of awesome features and that was around 4-5 years ago. Instead of perfecting the 922 they used it to create the Hopper.

In some ways the 922 is responsible for the creation of the Hopper. Since I was a part of testing the 922 I'm almost partially responsible for the creation of the Hopper as well.

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE :D

Last edited:
Well, the only one I know we were able to test was the 922. I bet it really makes sense now. LOL. You should have seen that receiver then, it was so full of bugs but it also had so many new things that I had never seen before. It had the built in Sling and I believe the ability to access the internet. It had the touch pad remote and as cool as it seemed it was terrible to use. Be glad that never got to the customer. Many of the great features you love on the Hopper started out on the 922 so I'd say the 922 was more of a pioneer. If you think about it, that had a ton of awesome features and that was around 4-5 years ago. Instead of perfecting the 922 they used it to create the Hopper.

In some ways the 922 is responsible for the creation of the Hopper. Since I was a part of testing the 922 I'm almost partially responsible for the creation of the Hopper as well.

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE :D
Look back at CES coverage past, we should have videos of the 922 in it's infancy ... :)

It really was a pretty cool concept when they announced it. It just didn't quite work out. When I had it at home I really enjoyed it and didn't have many issues at all.

It really was a pretty cool concept when they announced it. It just didn't quite work out. When I had it at home I really enjoyed it and didn't have many issues at all.

I still have it and dont have any issues. Mine is made in china and not india. I have the OTA tuner in it as well.

They probably realized that there were hardware limitations. Just like computers, things advance over time. They realized the mistakes that they made and went with hardware that worked the best with the features that they had to offer and upped the game even further at the same time.

I think Dish's original plan for the 922 was to use the Sling technology to provide HD programming to a 2nd TV since more and more people were having more than one HDTV. Remember how they were going to have a TV that was made to pick up the signal by wireless from the 922. I was really excited because I do not have any cable run to the second story of my house.

I think Dish's original plan for the 922 was to use the Sling technology to provide HD programming to a 2nd TV since more and more people were having more than one HDTV. Remember how they were going to have a TV that was made to pick up the signal by wireless from the 922. I was really excited because I do not have any cable run to the second story of my house.

So was I when they first came out with the concept ,but the final straw for me was when they cut plans for the sling extender that would accomplish the tv2 in hd . AFter that I traded the 922 back in for a working 722k model and stayed with it till the hopper came out. I am very happy with the hopper though . I only wish that the 922 had lived up to the hype that was put out back at the beginning.

Well, at least the Hopper made up for it... Now if they'll just fix the crummy new software... I thought the bugs were annoying in the previous releases but this new software really takes the cake!

So was I when they first came out with the concept ,but the final straw for me was when they cut plans for the sling extender that would accomplish the tv2 in hd . AFter that I traded the 922 back in for a working 722k model and stayed with it till the hopper came out. I am very happy with the hopper though . I only wish that the 922 had lived up to the hype that was put out back at the beginning.

I'm glad they scrapped it. It's obvious that it wasn't going to work and be as stable as they hoped. Better that they just moved on instead of pushing an inferior product.

I agree 1000% with them scrapping it as I was one with a unit and it didn't work good at all.

You kid starts downloading something and your nice picture on your tv turned to crap. Not a good viewing experience at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)