does Dish honor network waivers?

Ricknau

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
Seems like I read somewhere in these forums that Dish does not offer distant HD feeds regardless of waivers. With Directv I have waivers for and currently receive CBS and FOX out of New York in HD. I'd ask a CSR but I have no faith in any answer they'd give me. Can anyone shed light on this?

I think they would honor your waiver:D; however, Dish Network is no longer permited to Give and/or Sell Distant Networks.:mad:

If you have Dish Network equipment and would like to receive DNS in Standard Definition, then you need to contact NPS. There are several threads discussing NPS, including that the picture quality had been poor.

I think that both sat companies should either be able to provide DNS networks, or both shouldn't be allowed to carry them. Sucks that Directv is still allowed to carry them.

I think that both sat companies should either be able to provide DNS networks, or both shouldn't be allowed to carry them. Sucks that Directv is still allowed to carry them.

I agree. I know D* has been guilty of the same thing in the past. The OP doesn't say where he is located. If he has HD waivers for NY and is not in the East Coast time zone, they are in violation also under the digital agreement of the satellite act. No time warping.

S~

I just got the distant networks turned on with NPS and the picture quality looks alright to me on my hd tv but the sound is loud on one station. All I did was punch in my zipcode from a "white" area and use my cell phone number from my 2nd account for my aunt and put my smart card numbers from my real account on line at their website and boom today I got all the Atlanta and San Francisco channels . All on my 622 hd dvr. I already have Houston locals in Hd /sd since I "moved" with Dish and I have my ota stations from Beaumont and now the distants on top of it. I don't know if I will keep them but I do know that they look very good for now. If anything conflicts I have backups now. Oh and I applied online yesterday night at 10:00pm and they were on by 10:00 am today.

The OP doesn't say where he is located. If he has HD waivers for NY and is not in the East Coast time zone, they are in violation also under the digital agreement of the satellite act. No time warping.

S~

I'm in the Florida panhandle. Central time zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts