Does dish lease 942's

That is the problem with Dish, if the policy is not to give current subscribers the 942 for $249 and only offer it to new subs then that should be the policy. But, they seem, from time to time and no apparent reason, "break" this rule for "some" customers :mad:

purvis said:
That is the problem with Dish, if the policy is not to give current subscribers the 942 for $249 and only offer it to new subs then that should be the policy. But, they seem, from time to time and no apparent reason, "break" this rule for "some" customers :mad:

I can understand a 2 tier customer structure...now I guess it gets down to who writes the best email. Heck, why don't they just hold a raffle?

Long Time DNC:

Congrats on your 942 baby. You will love it. Had mine since June and it rocks my family's world, fer sure, fer sure.

Too bad the new PocketDish won't accept HD content transfers from the 942 -- I had planned to buy a PocketDish, but not now.

I had crazy behavior after my less than competent installer left. It turned out the serial number he called in to Dish headquarters was off by a single digit. It took me over two hours with technical support to fix the problem.

Hope your install goes smoothly.

It is NOT like we want the 942 for free

Lets say that Ford offered all buyers, who have NEVER, bought a Ford truck before, get a 50% discount on the purchase of a new truck. Anyone who has owned a Ford before are not able to get this deal. But, from time to time and no apparent reason SOME current Ford customers will get this deal. No real reason why, just because. :mad:

You walk into a TV superstore that offers all first time customers a 50% discount. All people who have bought from them will not get this deal. They pay 50% more. :eek: A lot of people would not really like such a deal :smug

I won't pretend to understand the business rationale behind E*'s seemingly arbitrary decisions as to why some people can get a 942 for $250, some people can't and new people get one for "free". It doesn't make sense, but that's how they're working it.

I called a CSR yesterday to see if I could add an install of a D1000 to the install of my 942 this coming Wednesday. She thought a D1000 was a Superdish. I explained to her that it wasn't a Superdish and explained to her what it was. She put me on hold 3 times while she was trying to find out what a Dish 1000 was. She apologized twice for putting me on hold and then explained that she was going to transfer me to tech support. Okay, fine with me.

Tech support guy knew what a Dish 1000 was, but they'd have to reschedule my 942/D1000 install for 2 weeks later (the 19th). I didn't have a problem with it - may as well get it done all at once rather than two different service calls. I'm patient and can wait until the 19th to get my 942/D1000 installed and the Voom channels. I've waited this long, what's 2 more weeks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)