Does Dish Type really matter to the D12-100 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcavaiani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
WI
Trying to replace an 18 round with a 3LNB Oval Phase III 20LNBR1-03. Originally, D12 box said I had a slimline 5 - which was not an issue with the 18 round which was working fine. However, I could not get a single with the Oval, and I tried to see what 'settings' may be different, so I tried to select the "correct" dish type for the oval. There were so many options, that I had no idea what to choose, and never got a signal. Now I have the round back on and even tho I had a different dish type selected, while trying to get the oval to work, the round signal came right back on ...

Did you realign the dish? The single lnb points to 101, but the Phase III dish points at 110. You have to set the skew, too.

align to what? The round dish was working and it showed a slimline with 201/37/77. I tried to find the right dish from the setup dropdown?? I saw settings such as 20?/38/77, and 162/38/77, and the guy next to me has a 'similar' 3 oval dish with ?/38/68 (I checked it out). At a camper at zip 54166.

The round dish (and the slimine) need to be aligned on the 101 satellite. the oval dish needs to be aligned on the 110 satellite. You can get the pointing info from the receiver but you can't just point the dish into the sky and expect it to work. There's a procedure for alignment.

I thought that I would get the settings when I enter the zip code. However, before that, I need help to know what Dish Type to select for the many dropdown choices ?? I'm lost on the dish type ??

As I remember, 1 is the 18in round and 2 is the 3-LNB oval.

Yes, I think that's it. Do I just read the signal meter for the 101 satellite to see if I have the signal?

If you are using the round dish it's reasonably straightforward. First make sure the dish mount post is completely plumb. Then set the elevation as per the pointing info. Set the azimuth to about ten degrees left of the pointing number. Look at the screen that shows ALL the transponders from 101. Slowly move the dish to the right until you see the 101 transponders peak. A well aimed dish will have most (not all) of the 101 transponders in the high 90s or even 100.

Not round, but phase 3 dish. Do I still just use the settings provided for me, then look for the signal at 101?

Yes, but make sure you are pointing at the 110 satellite, not 101. The azimuth is 213°, elevation is 34°, and the skew is 70°.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts