Does Equity Visit here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
Does the contact from Equity visit here? The RTN web site is having probelms that have gone on for quite some time now. The email addresses for the webmaster and info do not work. The favourite show poll is not working. Posting on their forums also seems to get no reply, and now their streaming video of WNGS is also down.

very possible that they could be.

WNGS has its own site www.rtn11.com

As to nationwide, how are they going to do that? they only own X amount of stations...I mean technically they are nationwide right now :)

I wondered the same, but the article I read, they were trying to sell adviertising, and that they were launching the RTN nationwide Jan 1. rtn11.com last I looked was out of date too :-( Will go check it out again :)

rtn11 is run by the ABC affiliate in Buffalo under a local market agreement so they keep it more update :)

Equity owns the station and runs it from Little Rock but the ABC (WKBW) does most of the advertising for them. If you watch, there are a few ABC promos, 7 News promos and such. WNGS is on WKBW’s digital feed (7-2). Also the Bills preseason games will be replayed on WNGS. On my StarChoice setup, I have Buffalo locals as my US Nets feed and I’ve seen lots of RTN commercials on ABC.

I really like how this station has taken off between the programming, the sports (Yankees, Mets, Indians, Bills) and the news/sports stuff from Channel 7 (replays of news and sports shows). I remember when Equity bought the station and it was just infomercials and church stuff in the morning. :D

It did :D

KWWF signed on in 2003 with a format of infomercials, home shopping and reruns that were in the public domain. It then began rebroadcasting religious programs from LeSEA Broadcasting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KWWF

I remember seeing that go on FTA for the 1st time. It was showing “Lick TV” (their predecessor to RTN) which had boxing & pro wrestling 5 nights a week between 7-9 Central. Otherwise it was infomercials and such. They switched to UPN in September 04 (they had ID’s that said “UPN for You Waterloo” :D)

KWWF during college season does show some football & basketball games when they are trumped from CBS for the Iowa games.

Our local station (WUMN…now Univison) was originally “The Box” (you called in and paid to see a music video). Then Viacom bought it and turned it into MTV2, which was funny because it was on 24/7 but the local cable company (Time Warner) only had it on from 6PM to 6AM. The MTV2 feed came from a Dish Network box because when it rained, you’d see the “acquiring satellite signal” :D

Equity bought it and now its Univision. They even got Comcast & time Warner to drop the Nat’l feed for this one. Its funny to see “WUMN U13” on cable at my mom’s :D

Interesting. I know KWWF was full of empty promisses to Waterloo. It was delayed for a few years, and then finally on the air, but at reduced power. I guess it is hard to get outside of the Waterloo metro area. Last I knew, the local cable company did not even carry it. I do like it now though :)

They are still at "low" power. 500K watts. Normal UHF station is 5000K watts (max power). They do hold a Construction Permit to raise the power. Also I know alot of the cable companies in the area have it (KWWF)..wonder how they pick it up? ;)

also, looked through an old thread and found it
Screengrab of KWWF right after Equity bought them…UPN was coming “soon”

Attachments

• IM000379.JPG
    IM000379.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Cool! I don't think Cedar Rapids could even receive them. At least the only advertise Waterloo now. Have you heard what they are going to do to KWWF after the merger?

iafirebuff said:
Cool! I don't think Cedar Rapids could even receive them. At least the only advertise Waterloo now.
They are on cable in Cedar but OTA is ziltch

Have you heard what they are going to do to KWWF after the merger?
I assume you mean when UPN & WB merge? The WB affiliate is getting both CW & My so KWWF is either going Independent, RTN, or who knows (Univision maybe)?

We have a lot of hispanics and a spanish only radio staion in the area. I hope RTN. I have always wondered how they could make a go at it with such little coverage.

Iceberg said:
They are still at "low" power. 500K watts. Normal UHF station is 5000K watts (max power). They do hold a Construction Permit to raise the power. Also I know alot of the cable companies in the area have it (KWWF)..wonder how they pick it up? ;)

also, looked through an old thread and found it
Screengrab of KWWF right after Equity bought them…UPN was coming “soon”

500kw isn't too bad at RF-22 on the analog side, but what really hurts them is their very low height.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)