Does Heroes live up to the hype?

Welcome to the conversation Cynthia Blue!

I am guessing you don't have a dual tuner DVR? with a Dish vip622 (I know I am making a HUGE assumption that you are a Dish customer) you can record two channels from the Dish, plus one Over The Air (OTA) channel at the same time....

I'm eagerly awaiting the instal of my 622! We just got a new HDTV on Black Friday, we are Dish Network customers yes, and the new HD equipment will be installed on Monday. Right now I'm suffering through commercials via OTA, or a bad picture via the old Dish box we have. :)

Can't wait to be able to record two shows at once, the husband is excited he'll be able to watch something different than what I'm watching. ;)

I'm eagerly awaiting the instal of my 622! We just got a new HDTV on Black Friday, we are Dish Network customers yes, and the new HD equipment will be installed on Monday. Right now I'm suffering through commercials via OTA, or a bad picture via the old Dish box we have. :)

Can't wait to be able to record two shows at once, the husband is excited he'll be able to watch something different than what I'm watching. ;)

You will love it.

Once again the Denver NBC morons blow it -- showing it in 4:3 Widescreen; i.e., four black bars. :( :( and they wonder why we want HD distant nets....

EDIT: they must have hit a switch, since its now showing in HD like it is supposed to. I swear these people really are morons. :D

Welcome to the world of HD!! You'll enjoy the 622!

Just not my night. :(

The DVR recording ended with the guy in his brother's arms, after having the vision of himself exploding. I am guessing there was more. What did I miss?

Nothing! That is how it ended. He told his brother "I'm the bomb" or something like that and the show's over!

I had the same problem. Lucky for me I record Studio 60!

See ya
Tony

Interesting! I can't wait until Jan 22nd to see what happens. I am still really enjoying this show. I didn't think they'd be able to keep Sylar, him being the bad guy and all...

I like Peter a lot, and I think Hiro is funny and entertaining. :) And I'm glad the painter guy can paint without being high. :p

The HD was fabulous, too! And the sound was excellent. I don't have a sound system, it was just out of my Vizio VP42. :) Now I wish I didn't have to work today and could stay home and watch HDTV all day! LOL

Nothing! That is how it ended. He told his brother "I'm the bomb" or something like that and the show's over!

I had the same problem. Lucky for me I record Studio 60!

See ya
Tony

Thanks Tony! Stupid ending.

Did I miss something - wasn't a hero supposed to die in last night's show? Maybe I just wasn't watching a pivotal scene or something.

The babe that has hypnotic suggesstion power died... Syler shot her after she tried to suggest to him that he kill himself. She was just a secondary character for the most part I think. The didn't actually show her body going down though, just blood splattered on the window after the shot, making it look like maybe she shot him... but I really doubt they'd kill off the main villian this early, especially at the hands of a secondary character.

I had a suspicion they were going to kill off the split personality chick, and she'd kill herself the way they were hyping that one hero would die, but I'm glad that they didn't since her inner struggle is part of what makes the show interesting.

Have any of you ever played the Palladium Games Heroes Unlimited and Villians Unlimited Role Playing Games? I played it in high school and a little in college. It's the first rpg that got me in to rpgs... I now have many, many, many rpg books downstairs collecting dust... Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas and Superspys, some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games (believe it or not, TMNT actually used to be a lot grittier and had more of an adult target audience before the cartoon junk started), and tons and tons of World of Darkness games... spent a small fortune on all of that junk, and now it's just sitting there doing nothing...

Anyways, it seems that whoever's writing this Heroes show must have played it or similar games when they were younger. A lot of the powers seem to come straight out of that book... There's another rpg out there just called Heroes... but I've never played it.

The Heroes Unlimited/Villians Unlimited (and to a certain extent Beyond the Supernatual/Ninjas and Superspys) Role Playing Game world had intangibility, invincibility, psychic powers, people with powers that could absorb other powers, people with powers that could negate other, and almost every stinking power on the Heroes series... some creative license of course...

At first, I thought Marvel, the guys behind X-men, and Mutant X, was behind all of this, but I'm not sure if that's the case or not... Based on Syler's character, it wouldn't surprise me since I think there's a Marvel Character that's similar to Syler that can absorb other's powers (not just Rogue, but some other bad guy too)

Based on what I've seen so far, it looks like the Cheerleader's dad is something similar to what Palladium Games would call a negapsychic or power negator... i.e. his power is that he shuts off other's powers in the surrounding area, just like that other guy can absorb other's powers that he's near.

I really like that nbc shows the show on the internet after it airs in case you forgot to record it. There's some bad motion blur in the online version, but it's ok, considering what it is.

Last edited:
Thanks for that guys. I must have been spacing out or something, because I missed that whole scene. That's what I get for watching and working on the computer at the same time! :D I think I'll watch it online again to catch it.

The cheerleader's dad has no power, at least not any that he has shown so far. It was the bald Haitian who works for the father that did the blocking. What I don't understand is that the girl already used her talent to tell Sylar to kill himself. Why didn't it work? Why was he able to use his power? I thought they must have some devices install to block his telekinesis power. Or was it the Haitian guy who was blocking the telekinesis power? It doesn't sound like a very good plan to keep him there if the Haitian has to be there all the time to prevent him from escaping.

It makes sense that Peter would be the bomb man. What happens when all the heroes gathered at one place and Peter is there. How is he going to be able to handle all the powers? Too much power could make him go boom boom.

I still think that Niki/Jessica's power really lame. I still see it as a split personality with one of the personality really strong and violence. They should have killed her off instead, her power sucks. :p I wish they kept the waitress or the persuasion girl. They are both cuter and less drama than her. ;)

I really like the show, but the question is will it be canceled after it 1st season??? They did it last year with Invasion and Surface, both were great shows and looks like they were going to continue with a 2nd season, but it was ccancel. I am still dissapointed that they did. :=(

Right now Heroes is one of the strongest shows NBC has going for it; I think its fate will depend on how well it does in the spring.

Surface was much a better story than Heros yet it was cancelled. This show, Hero, is pathetic. The story is cheesy to say the least. I like the way NBC promotes it... [something like] ---"Each ending will surprise you..." Yet I have not been surprised. The story is quite predictable the way it has been written but it could have been in a better way to make it so much interested. This is an hour show which takes me about 25 minutes to watch... I hope it dies soon....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts