Does IP TV channel work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
Playing around with other functions. Still this thing has issues running a sg2100.

So I am giving the IP thing a try. Are there some http's I can try?

All I am finding for info is people streaming from their own PC's to their azbox. Why??? You already have it on your PC. Why bother?

I thought all I would need to do is add an address and it would work.

Last edited:
Found a couple notes:

sites like atdhe.net should be very useful in streaming, isn't' it?

well am in Ireland and cant get iplayer but would be happy other formats please help . like Sky player or worldtvpc

Playing around with other functions. ...

All I am finding for info is people streaming from their own PC's to their azbox. Why??? You already have it on your PC. Why bother?

Sorry for responding to an OLD POST, however relative to the "Why bother", there are a couple good reasons to bother.

If you have a PC based sat receiver that will tune transponders that the Azbox will not, and your computer isn't able to play the video, and/or if you have recordings on your computer that can't be played on the computer, then the only way to play this video is to play on a box that you can stream TO, such as the Azbox, or other boxes like the ROKU HD1000 or the PopCornHour. Unfortunately, the ROKU won't do 4.2.2 OR MPEG4, and the PCH won't do HD 4.2.2 (I think that it will do SD 4.2.2).
So it is highly desireable to have the capability of streaming TO the Azbox, as it gives a unique capability of being able to play video that can't be played any other way.
Some specific examples of things you can't play on the Azbox directly, but you CAN play them if you stream TO the Azbox are :

MPEG4 video from turbo 8PSK channels.
HD or SD from ZK DCII channels.
Music from DSS channels.

Also, if, like me, you only have your Azbox hooked up to either C or Ku but not both (since it isn't ideal to hook up a conventional BUD feedhorn setup through a switch to get both C and Ku), streaming gives you the capability of using a PC based receiver to stream to the Azbox to view on your TV without switching coax from C to Ku or visa/versa.

Anyway, there are several good reasons for why bothering with streaming TO an Azbox. Unfortunately the Azbox people don't seem to be too interested in getting this option working very well. It does work, but it is rather cumbersome and only works for low bitrates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)