Does MeTV on 99W have issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
Does anyone know if there's something amiss with the MeTV Ozarks at 3720/H/8703 on 99W C Band? It use to come in good but lately that transponder is acting weird on my setup, all others are fine. If I tune to MeTV, it doesn't come in, 0% Quality and signal says 45%, as if nothing's there. If I move the dish back and forth a bit it'll lock with 85% Quality and it'll stay on for as long as I leave it there. Switch to another channel on the same satellite, without moving the dish at all or anything else and then back to Me and then it's gone again, have to do the same all over again.

It's not a real big deal because I can watch MeTV on 101W fine but I'm curious what's up with this one transponder and can't figure it out. I'm using a MicroHD with latest firmware connected to a V Box 7 then to a Amiko 8x1 switch to a C1WPLL LNBF on my 9" Radio Shack dish. Don't have any problems with anything else on any other sats, or any other transponders on that sat, just that one.

Oops, title should be have issues, not has. Oh well.

Well now it is have issues.. ;)
And I don't know the answer, I'll have to swing the dish over and see when I get time.

Reactions: . Raine
Yep working here too.

The FEC will show 1/4 , then it comes in FEC shows 3/4! Probably Micro HD software issue, there's another 3720 transponder on 99 west doing this too!

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW I have the same issue with those 2 transponders. Also using the MicroHD but using the DMX741 C/Ku combo LNB.

Been checking with the mini HD SE. Just looked at the tables with TSreader and see no issue.

Will hook up a micro HD next week and check on it. The June 2013 firmware (available on this site) had fixed a similar issue that happened on 101w with Movies! and This TV.

The FEC will show 1/4 , then it comes in FEC shows 3/4! Probably Micro HD software issue, there's another 3720 transponder on 99 west doing this too!

The FEC on mine shows 1/4 all the time but I saw on Sathint that they list the FEC as 8/9, thought this was odd. All other transponders are fine for me, but the other channel on that same transponder acts up in the same way.

Thanks for fixing the title, Ke4est. I just noticed that I made another typo exactly the same as I did in another recent thread, 9" instead of 9', again! :eek

I wish we could use 9" buds! Of Course, then they wouldn't be buds, they'd be as Titanium said in the other thread, nuds, nano ugly dishes. :biggrin

A 9" dish might be kinda cute, instead of ugly. :)
Even more so if it worked on C-Band. ;)

Been having no problems here and I watch it frequently. But I have it set in my HTPC at 3720 H 7500 8/9 8PSK

85% Quality and it'll stay on for as long as I leave it there. Switch to another channel on the same satellite, without moving the dish at all or anything else and then back to Me and then it's gone again, have to do the same all over again.
Since you 'bumped' the dish location, is the micro sending dish move commands to the V-Box mover when you change the channel to other than METV?
Might just have to reprogram the position to where METV works.

Since you 'bumped' the dish location, is the micro sending dish move commands to the V-Box mover when you change the channel to other than METV?
Might just have to reprogram the position to where METV works.

Man I had this happen to me one time, and was having a brain malfunction I guess, took me a couple of hours to figure out what was going on. The vbox was not right beside the receiver and I just happened to start noticing some clicks, and was like hey wait minute..........

Just checked and I was wrong, the FEC does show 3/4 when it comes in, just like Jdc270 posted.

Not the position, I don't think, no commands are sent to the V Box when changing to other channels on that sat and I hear no clicks from the V-Box.

I've tried it at different positions, where Q is 85%, a position where Q is at 75, 70, all the same results.

Right now as a test for sure I locked it in, 82% Q, and shut the V Box off to be sure it doesn't move the dish or anything and it's coming in fine. Moved to a different channel on the same sat and then back with the V-Box still off and MeTV is gone. All the other channels on that sat are still good and same Q and all. Turned the V Box back on and moved the dish to 101W and then back to 99W and it's back.

Well, my Micro HD was acting somewhat the same. I don't recall just exactly how it was behaving, but I was having trouble getting the Fox and MeTV on 99w. What I did was adjust the frequency for that transponder and everything started working properly again. Just went and checked and this what I have: 3723/H/8703. Your mileage may vary, but it might be worth a try. (Could be a bit of frequency drift on the LNB. JUST REREAD THE OP AND SAW THE PLL, so this isn't a very valid statement.)

All of this is worth just what you paid for it. :)

edit: Try to remove foot from mouth.

Well, my Micro HD was acting somewhat the same. I don't recall just exactly how it was behaving, but I was having trouble getting the Fox and MeTV on 99w. What I did was adjust the frequency for that transponder and everything started working properly again. Just went and checked and this what I have: 3723/H/8703. Your mileage may vary, but it might be worth a try. Could be a bit of frequency drift on the LNB.

All of this is worth just what you paid for it. :)

Woo Hoo! That did it. Entered 3723 instead of the 3720 it had scanned as and it's working perfectly!

Thanks, Bpalone! :)

I didn't update to June 2013, still using 1/ 31/ 2013 software! Don't have bump Sat, sometime little delay & sometimes not!

Jdc270, you should be able to get the 2013-6-26 firmware here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/fta-receiver-support.262/?prefix_id=66

This firmware fixed the problem with MeTv and Movies on 101W for me when I installed it a while back.

Bpalone's suggestion in a post above fixed the current problem that I was having with MeTv and Fox on 99W, Changing the transponder info from 3720/H/8703 to 3723/H/8703.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)