Does Sci Fi Channel broadcast in HD?

long_time_DNC said:
That special thing was a web address to see an outake from the Atlantis episode. I was watching live, because I usually do on Friday anyway, as well as DVR'ing it. Anyway, during one the commercial breaks, they adverted the link and the password.

Just for kicks, I tried to get there and see what the content was. Ha! I couldn't get to that link for beans. I (and probably everyone else watching that had a broadband connection) was trying to get there.

The content was supposed to be available until 2am, but I only tried for about 5-10 minutes and gave up. Couldn't get there as it was just too tied-up. Wonder how hard their server got hit? :D

Could you imagine the denial of service issues that SCI-FI would have if the SG1 'army' were to hit their server in protest of the cancellation?

[Disclaimer: The above statements are fictional only and may contain forward looking fictional statements. Any resemblence to real life events, past, present, or future are purely coincidental and are not the responsibility of the poster making this statement.] :) CYA...

They have announced that Sciffy is changing it's name to SURGETV and will be showing ECW three times a week. I guess there will be more changes to come as they change thier demographic.

SurgeTV is a hoax, but it is d4mn funny.

http://www.syfyportal.com/news.php?id=2835

"SurgeTV hopes to tap into the newfound audience of science-fiction wrestling fans, by promoting crossover programming, including 'Eureka's' Colin Ferguson's guest appearance in the ECW ring, and Season 2 of Stan Lee's 'Who Wants to be a Superhero' toinclude ring matches between competitors. Saucier, racier stories will be aired after the midnight hour, and in a change for the popular channel, may include R-rated material."

I'm a long-time follower of SG-1, used to sub to Showtime just to get that show. That said, I'm not disappointed with its cancellation because the show has really run its course. I thought it started to go downhill about 3 years ago. No shame in that, pretty hard to keep a show fresh after 6-7 years.

While I do have the first four seasons on DVD, I would love to see the entire series aired in HD. Let's hope a HDNET or UHD picks it up ... and soon while PQ from those channels is still better than DVD.

Tom Bombadil said:
Let's hope a HDNET or UHD picks it up ... and soon while PQ from those channels is still better than DVD.

So true this would be very good if one of these channels did this. Also its sad to think of the quality getting even worse!:eek:

Agreed. This show has definately seen its day. Atlantis will be next . I bet by the end of next season that they too will be gone. Hard to believe that a little movie made back in the mid 90s would still be generating tv show episodes of it in 2006?

Atlantis is not going anywhere anytime soon. I thought when Richard Dean left SG-1 would die off, but now look it is thriving again and with a fresh cast.
I hope Atlantis sticks around some more anyway.

xccell said:
Atlantis is not going anywhere anytime soon. I thought when Richard Dean left SG-1 would die off, but now look it is thriving again and with a fresh cast.
I hope Atlantis sticks around some more anyway.

YOU do know that they cancelled STarGate right? THis is its last season.

While I find the new members of the cast to be okay, Browder is a long, long fall from Richard Dean Anderson in my book. But at least Sci-Fi tried to find a good replacement.

I think my favorite TV character in recent years was Anderson's Jack O'Neill. He cracked me up all the time.

Agreed, Browder is definitely no Anderson, and Anderson's O'Neill did get the majority of the best lines. :)

I think that's part of the reason behind the ratings drop - too many cast changes too quickly. I think another reason is starting the season in mid-Summer has always seemed a bit odd to me...when a lot of people are vacationing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)