DOES Stab HH120 MOTOR AND VIEWSAT RECEIVER WORK?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I have a 1 meter Fortec Dish and yesterday I tried to get to get my Viewsat receiver to run a Stab HH 120 Motor thru a 22 kHz switch from a Invacom LNB thru about 150 feet of coax cable down to my ViewSat Receiver. I was looking for Intelsat 5 97.0W. I had no success. So today I took the Viewsat up to the roof with a small TV and froze up there for 2 hours trying to get the Viewsat Receiver to run the HH120 Motor. Again no success. On the roof I ran the Invacom LNB to the HH120 motor on about 6 feet of coax, and the motor out from the HH120 motor on about 10 feet of cable to the Viewsat on the roof. And no response at all from the HH120 motor, - what a completely frustrating experience.

Unless I have a bad motor, there is no way this Stab HH120 motor will work with a Viewsat Receiver. When I tried an SG2100 motor 4 weeks ago thru the 150 foot cable run to the receiver, (the dealer convinced me the SG2100 was the wrong choice for this 1 meter dish), at least you could manually drive the motor and see a green lite indication that power was there, but with the HH120 you have no way of knowing if there is power there!! My question is: Has anyone ever succeeded with a Viewsat and a HH120 motor??

i didn't ask, you did set the motor up in the receiver . i didn't get to look at the menu system so i don't know how its set up but it sounds like the motor isn't getting commands from the receiver.

if it has a motor area and uses USALS then you enter long & lat cords. if not then set it using 1.2

DOES Stab HH120 MOTOR AND VIEWSAT WORK

i didn't ask, you did set the motor up in the receiver . i didn't get to look at the menu system so i don't know how its set up but it sounds like the motor isn't getting commands from the receiver.

if it has a motor area and uses USALS then you enter long & lat cords. if not then set it using 1.2

Thanks for the reply. In the ViewSat Antenna Settings, I know of nowhere to set in the long and lat settings. Just the following:

Satellite: IntelSat 5 97.0 W
LNB Power: On
LNB Type: Standard
LNB Freq: 10,750
22kHz: Off
Search Option: All
Motor: USALS
Legacy Sw: None

And did NOT work (HH120 motor did not respond), even with ViewSat and TV on the roof.

to use USALS you would have to be able to set the long & lat (use f1 to enter it)
try setting it to 1.2 for the motor and see if it will move.

this would work as long as TS satellite is set and motor is set to zero

it would look like this then:

Motor: 1.2 or USALS ( in USALS mode hit the f1 key it will let you enter long & lat)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. In the ViewSat Antenna Settings, I know of nowhere to set in the long and lat settings. Just the following:

Motor: USALS

And did NOT work (HH120 motor did not respond), even with ViewSat and TV on the roof.

To set for Usals goto antenna setup >> motor scroll to USALS push enter
and use arrow keys to set long and lat. it will drive that motor.

to use USALS you would have to be able to set the long & lat (use f1 to enter it)
try setting it to 1.2 for the motor and see if it will move.

this would work as long as TS satellite is set and motor is set to zero

it would look like this then:

Motor: 1.2 or USALS ( in USALS mode hit the f1 key it will let you enter long & lat)

I'm not sure if you are using a ViewSat Receiver, but when you hit F1 in Antenna settings, the Long and Lat settings do NOT come up! Instead the F1 button does a Channel Scan of the Satellite - which in this case was IA5 97.0W. Also in Motor setup the only choices are: OFF, USALS, INSTALLER, or USER, there is no 1.2 option available. Hope you can help.

DOES Stab MOTOR AND VIEWSAT RECEIVER WORK?

To set for Usals goto antenna setup >> motor scroll to USALS push enter
and use arrow keys to set long and lat. it will drive that motor.

You are absolutely right when you press ENTER after entering USALS it allows you to enter the Long and Latitude settings. My appologies to Gabshere, I will try it again today, but I have to put the motor back on the Dish.

You are absolutely right when you press ENTER after entering USALS it allows you to enter the Long and Latitude settings. My appologies to Gabshere, I will try it again today, but I have to put the motor back on the Dish.
Make sure the motor works before u mount it

How would I do that? Just wire in up on the roof witout mounting it on the Dish Pole, and go to Usals on Viewsat and hit Enter?

How would I do that? Just wire in up on the roof witout mounting it on the Dish Pole, and go to Usals on Viewsat and hit Enter?
Well that would be the hard way
I would get a short piece of RG6 and connect it to the motor and the viewsat
on the ground, or in the house and then using a TV and the receiver and the motor all connected (No lnb of course) goto antenna setup>>goto motor and select installer, then press OK, then select >>drive motor east if it moves good then stop drive motor east. Then do the same for west then select goto reference to center the motor position now you will know weather the motor works or not. Then you can install it and don't put anything between the receiver and the motor
like switches and the like any amplifier goes at the lnb contrary to what others believe. As if you put it at the halfway point you amplify any noise that is in the system also.

Thanks all for the very helpful suggestions. We remounted the HH120 motor selected USALS in Antenna Setup then pressed "enter" which enabled a selection of Latitude and Longitude, and finally heard the motor move the dish. Took the little TV up on the roof again with the ViewSat but the screen was so small that I punched in 97.7 East instead of 97.0 W for IA5. Looks like the dish just needs to be peaked to get the satellite channels. If weather is okay will try again tomorrow. Thanks.

glad its working for you , hopefully you will have it fully set up soon

i got the f1 from one of the VS manuals , my coolsat is also enter key to make entries

luckly someone had the correct information.

happy motoring :)

I'm not sure if you are using a ViewSat Receiver, but when you hit F1 in Antenna settings, the Long and Lat settings do NOT come up! Instead the F1 button does a Channel Scan of the Satellite - which in this case was IA5 97.0W. Also in Motor setup the only choices are: OFF, USALS, INSTALLER, or USER, there is no 1.2 option available. Hope you can help.

You can tweek the motor east - west then assign that position to the sat . This is somewhat different than some receivers & PCI cards where you asign a number to that sat position . For Diesque 1.2 control .

Wyr

My viewsat ran a SG2100 motor with many problems until the viewsat died. You pretty much had to manually move the dish to where you wanted it.

I now have a Classic NA, much more better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)