Does the protection plan reduce the cost of new remotes?

I have the protection plan and did not know about the free remotes. I paid twenty three bucks on Amazon for a remote to work the 612. I'll know better next time.
Just know you cannot say things like "I lost my remote". That is a charge of $20 for the purchase of a new remote not covered under the PP. You would want to say things like "There are no lights coming on at all, and I just replaced the batteries". That is an auto replacement under the proplan.

Just know you cannot say things like "I lost my remote". That is a charge of $20 for the purchase of a new remote not covered under the PP. You would want to say things like "There are no lights coming on at all, and I just replaced the batteries". That is an auto replacement under the proplan.
What about "several buttons barely work and have to be pressed down hard for them to work, back cover doesn't stay in place, and almost no text is left visible"?

I would think that would count but best to ask if I go that route as opposed to taking up the present offers in this thread <3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That will work, but they will want to trouble shoot with you, especially if new or foreign. Go with what I said, and I beleive the next step is to automatically send out a new replacement. Really, you can tell them whatever you want, this is just easier for the non understanding to understand. Lol

Hahaha. Come on. You know they don't listen. They just hear "it works sometimes so let me drive you insane". When I was advanced tech support, and I saw tenotes being transferred in form the phillipines.... I wanted to laugh and cry. First off, if a remote issue makes its way to that department, RA the damn thing. No skin off anyone's back. Secondly, they would transfer it and say something utterly stupid, such as: "they said their Comcast Internet is not working". And yes, I am still talking about remote control issues... Do that math. Hahaha.

Sure as hell helped my handle time though. Those customers were in and out. And a quick note about the survey being about me and not the dude that spent 20 minutes on the phone with them prior to transfer, and I got a good score regularly.

Mark at www.dishdepot.com has everything you need for DISH and even DIRECTV and he doesn't charge any tax on any item that is bought outside the state of Florida. He also does trade-ins on owned receivers for credits toward newest cutting edge receivers. I've done business with them since 2003 and I highly recommend Mark and his website.

What about this one...my remote is defective because I can't find it and I hear a beeping coming from the belly of my dog? Would that work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts