Does this make sense?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fenwah

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
I currently have a 522 DVR that is hooked up to two standard TVs. I have sitting in my family room a 34" HDTV and a 17" LCD HDTV. I am leasing the 522 DVR for free and paying $5 for the DVR service. If I go through Dish Network and pay $100 for the HD 811 receiver they are going to charge me an additional $5/month for an extra receiver.

Okay...what happens if I go out and buy the 811 receiver on eBay and install it myself and then move the 522 DVR into my bedroom? Can they still charge me for a second receiver even if I purchased the receiver myself? TIA.

Yes, If you buy an 811 you will OWN it but have to pay a $4.99 additional receiver fee.
If you get it from dish, Dish will own it and you will pay $5 to lease it.

Basically the difference is the amount of $$ you pay to aquire it. And you have to return the leased one if you cancel.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I think I might just make the plunge and buy one.

Watch out on buying one. They may not authorize it since these are leased and not sold. You have to go though Ceo@dishnetwork.com to authorize and they will under certain circumstances. Search the forum for a long and recend thread on this topic of legal and stollen 811's on ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)