Does this sound right?

mommylama

Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
Kentucky
Okay, for the past week or longer, the internet connection has been on and off, mostly off. It's always like that, but here lately, it has been so much worse. Over the weekend, we had no internet, and no phone. So the cable guy came today. First he called, and asked if we needed a new modem or new router. I said I don't know, because I don't know what the problem is. So the guy came to the house, no tools, equipment, or anything. We also told him that On Demand only works half the time, and the remote for the new DVR in the living room doesn't work right.

May I say first, that this guy was really friendly, joking around, and just a really nice guy. So I have no problem with him personally. It seemed more like I had one of my kid's friends over, than a professional, but that's besides the point. So first, he sits down and shows us a tip when using the remote, and how you don't even have to record some shows, just go to network, etc. Nice tip, and I appreciate it. He then says that our account is probably not "balanced out", and that it will mess up a lot of things. So he says he is going to go check on it. About 10 minutes or less later, he comes back in with a new remote. He says our account wasn't balanced out, and that the DVR downstairs wasn't programmed, and so he did that while he was out there.

I also want to mention that the internet has been working some today, before he came over. It still works for now, he has been gone about 25 minutes. We have lived in this house for 4 years or so, and our internet has always gone off and on, all these years. It goes to "limited connection" all the time. A few months ago, a guy came in, and said some lines outside were bad, and he replaced some. We had great service for 2 or 3 weeks, before it went bad again. I hate to say it, but from past experience, I'm wondering if the internet will be off again in about an hour or so. Like I said, really nice guy, but I'm wondering if the only thing he did was give us a new remote. I feel bad even asking, because he was such a nice young man, that I feel guilty questioning if he knew what he was doing.

So has anyone heard anything about internet and phone not working because of an account that wasn't "balanced"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts