Does Time-Warner offer FOX-HD?

bidger`

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
noyfb
I ask because among the stations listed on this Time-Warner web page (2nd bullet point), FOX is noticeably absent. I know that in my area, Elmira, NY, CBS and FOX aren't available in HD from T-W. Is it different in your location?

In Raleigh Time Warner does offer fox in HD Watching American Idol last year it was great. We got T_W after football season so I am looking forward to seeing any and all HD football they show. WE also do get CBS in HD.

I should have thought more about it before posting, but I'm sure in the major markets T-W would offer all the networks in HD because of competition from satellite and, in some areas, FIOS.

It just seemed like such a coincidence that while the 4 other major networks are listed on the web page, FOX is omited. Couple that with the situation in my area, I just wondered how widespread it was.

Major markets and competition probably has little to do with your situation. The problem is caused by TWC being unable to reach an agreement with the local affiliate's operating owner Granite Broadcasting (WBNG) and Vision Communications (WYDC). I would normally would have expected to see Sinclair Broadcasting listed as they are troublesome in several markets.

So for whatever reason (affiliate asking too much for their digital signal or TWC unwilling to cut a deal that is different than what they have done for the other local affiliates) your left to get these stations OTA.

A little further research finds that Vision Communications also owns WBGT-DT which also isn't carried by TWC in Rochester. So TWC negotiations with Vision Com. are larger than your market.

Granite Broadcasting owns several affiliates (several are UPN or WB) in varying markets. Again this looks like a case of a much larger deal trying to be negotiated than your local market.

So, to put it simply, your FOX and CBS affiliate operating owners are equally (if not more) at fault for the lack of the DT channels on TWC.

It wasn't long ago that TWC finally reached a deal with Raycom Media which allowed our local market to get WXIX-DT (FOX) over cable.

Last edited:
In TW's Dayton OH market, they carry the local ABC, CBS, and FOX affiliates in digital (HD). They do NOT carry NBC or The WB affiliates. Why ?? They can't come to an agreement....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts