DOES TIVO WORK WITH TW?

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
I am contemplating the purchase of a used Tivo unit with lifetime service on ebay. Has anyone connected a Tivo unit to TW cable with success? I have seen one instance of a unit being offered for sale because it would not work with their cable company. I think that it was Cox. I am trying to avoid the same situation so I won't have to try to resell it afterwards. Any input will be most appreciated.

Yes, it will work. It's kinda a pain to do it and work with TWC to get it done but you can. Also, if your just doing it because of ebay.. TWC has a channel that taps into ebay so you can monitor stuff and etc... Also, if your looking to record things just go with DVR box with TWC. I honestly wouldn't recommend TIVO.

I am contemplating the purchase of a used Tivo unit with lifetime service on ebay. Has anyone connected a Tivo unit to TW cable with success? I have seen one instance of a unit being offered for sale because it would not work with their cable company. I think that it was Cox. I am trying to avoid the same situation so I won't have to try to resell it afterwards. Any input will be most appreciated.

Yes, Tivo works with TWC.

I have a series 2, 80-hour tivo.

I've never tried TWC's DVRs to make a direct comparison.

I'm not sure if lifetime service really saves you $$ in the long run. For that to happen, you'd have to stick with cable for a long time. Additionally, you'd have to hope your Tivo doesn't become obsolete/old. My guess is you're going with one of the HD models.

If you could use Tivo with both satellite and cable, it'd be great. But as it is, I dunno.

The only reason I have tivo is because I can transfer shows from the DVR to my PC. Other than that, I'm not crazy about the tivo service. Others rave about it, but I'm not one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts