Does your H-20 do this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

r.jones1116

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Goose Creek, SC
I just bought a Toshiba DLP projection TV (62 HM95). My H-20 is connected via component cables. When viewing HD content I notice a faint horizontal band rolling vertically from the bottom to the top of the screen. I 've switched cables, component inputs on the TV and no improvement. I have my DVD player and a x-box 360 connected in the other input via component cables through a switch box and they do not display this problem. This leads me to believe it is the H-20. I have a second H-20 connected to a 30 inch CRT HDTV set (component cables) and it also displays the rolling band of interference

Anyone else having this problem?

I have a Toshiba LCD TV (37HL95) and only had one difficulty with the picture. When I had the "auto-adjust" turned on (I think thats the name, its the feature which is supposed to automatically adjust the screen for different dimensions for digital signals) - the SD display would sometimes mess up when I switched from an HD channel (720p or 1080i) back to a 480(i or p) signal. The 480 picture would look "squished." It was so bad on my H20-600 that it would not work at all on a 480 signal and I could not use native mode.

When I traded for my H20-100 it did it only occasionally - but was still bothersome. When playing with the Toshiba TV menu settings, I found this setting, turned it off, and have not had the problem since.

I don't think that what I found is the answer to YOUR particular problem - but you may try looking at some of the other menu settings on your TV.

Now that I've read your post again, I see this is happening on two different TV types. Sounds like an RF problem. I would try buying something like a Monster Power HTS 3500 - a unit which can protect your systems from AC noise. I got one recently online for about $100.00 (after rebate) and -- although I was sceptical -- the thing actually did noticeably improve my picture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)