Does your HR-20 ever not turn on till you reset it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
I love my HR20, please don't get me wrong, but I hate the fact that sometimes (it used to be every month or so) it would not turn on, and I had to push the reset button and then it would go through the whole re-download of the guide, etc...then work...

Anyone else have this issue? What is the solution?

I've had my box for about 7 months. I've never experienced the issue you report. Are you connecting your box to your local network? If so, maybe a device on your network is talking to your box and sending it erroneous data.

Thanks for the reply.

No, ethernet is not connected.

I have an OTA antenna and an AT-9 dish connected.

And, it is outputing via HDMI.

If you turn it off wont you miss any recordings you have scheduled while its off? This thing should be designed to stay on 24/7.

Turning it "off" doesn't actually turn it off, it puts it in standby mode (similar to a Tivo). Only way to actually turn it off is to unplug it.

My recommendation is that if you are having problems with it coming out of standby don't put it in standby. There is no reason to as all it does it kill the front panel lights and turn off the outputs.

Having said that, I've personally never had that issue. But then I rarely put it in standby.

Good idea, I'll just reprogram my Harmony to not put it into standby.

It just gets annoying to have to reset the device so often.

Good idea, I'll just reprogram my Harmony to not put it into standby.

It just gets annoying to have to reset the device so often.

Its in the power options to leave it on at all times. I had one remote that didnt have that feature activated and was driving me crazy. Thank goodness its easy to update the remote.

I love my HR20, please don't get me wrong, but I hate the fact that sometimes (it used to be every month or so) it would not turn on, and I had to push the reset button and then it would go through the whole re-download of the guide, etc...then work...

Anyone else have this issue? What is the solution?

Had this happen for the first time 2 days after the last new update, coincidence? Was recording while off, then I could not turn it on, it still recorded, but would not turn, had to do a hard (pull power) reboot.

Never before, and so far it has not happened again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts