Dolphins game screw-up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmedlin

Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Here's a copy of the email I'm sending to DTV; and posting anywhere a potential DTV subscriber might see it.

After a disagreement a few years ago I stopped ordering Sunday Ticket, but decided to order again this year.

Just wanted to say THANKS for ALLOWING me to see a REPLAY of the MIAMI/TENNESSEE game after I paid $200 to watch it live. Your GENEROSITY and CUSTOMER CARE also allowed the the extra benefit of not being able to watch ANY sports programming on Saturday or Sundays Pre-Game shows since they would all be giving the score of the game, thus negating the reason for paying to see the game LIVE.

I suppose it was just too much trouble to flip a switch to pick up the game LIVE and broadcast it over a channel that wasn't being used anyway. "Hell, why bother, we've already got their money. What are they going to do?"

I look forward to the day when DISH NETWORK is able to break your monopoly over NFL games and offer a package of their own (If Mr. Murdoch hasn't bought them out by then).
I'll be one of the first in line to switch services (10 years of this kind of SERVICE is enough)!

I don't suppose it would do any good to ask for a refund for week one of Sunday Ticket?

In case you don't recognize it, this is not a real letter of THANKS and should not be counted as such in your future advertisments stating the number of SATISFIED customers. All of the above is what is known as SARCASM. (Look it up)

Don't bother replying to this email with your stupid FORM LETTER with the reasons why a MULTI-BILLION dollar corporation couldn't afford to alter programming for one game.

TEMPORARILY Yours,
L. Medlin

* I'll bet you another 10 years of DTV service(?) that this letter won't be read by Danny DeVito on one of your commercials anytime soon ???

You may ignore my request above and reply if you wish to accept that wager.

ADDENDUM: After typing this letter out and clicking on the 'submit' button on your web page, I got the old 'Page Connot Be Displayed' page. Typical!
Of course, when I clicked the browser button to go back to the Customer Service(?) page, the entire form had been erased. (Good one.)
But I fooled you and had a copy in my clipboard. One question: How did your server know it was a complaint letter? :~|

Dude, take a deep breath, and follow this:

This is not DirecTV's doing. This is the NFL's.

The NFL is prohibited from showing games on Saturdays between Labor Day and Thanskgiving. Something about a federal law in the 1960's.

In order to show this game in both the Miami and Tennessee home markets, the NFL had to receive a waiver. This waiver is only good for local telecasts, not the national telecast on Sunday Ticket.

I think it's time for you to check into a little white padded room for the weekend....

You not being able to see the game is not DirecTV's fault, they only have a contract to show games on sunday at 1 and 4 and this one game only accounts for about $1.50 of the Sunday Ticket price... Geez....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)