Don't believe anything they say

twillers

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
I was upgraded to dish 500 within the last month. The upgrade was to be at no cost to me, instead of the $50 that was being charged. I was assured there would be no charge. I was told it was noted on my account and there would be no problem. I asked the CSR if they would be willing to make a bet that I would be charged. (I only like to bet on sure things.) When I received my bill today it took a minute or two to figure out. The bottom line was, I was charged. The statement showed the dish 500 upgrade cost $99.95, and I received a $49.95 credit. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. After 4 unsuccessful attempts at getting to speak to someone in billing, I got thru using the prompt for programing. After explaining the situation to the CSR, I was informed I was given the credit I was taken off of the $99.95 upgrade cost. That was the first time I ever heard the "free" upgrade cost that much. At that point I suggested she look at the past notes on my account. After a short period of time she told me she was making a $50 adjustment to my account, because it did say the upgrade was to be made at no charge.

I'm getting a little tired of fighting for things E* promise, and never do. But I'm not tired enough to stop fighting.

twillers said:
I was upgraded to dish 500 within the last month. The upgrade was to be at no cost to me, instead of the $50 that was being charged. I was assured there would be no charge. I was told it was noted on my account and there would be no problem. I asked the CSR if they would be willing to make a bet that I would be charged. (I only like to bet on sure things.) When I received my bill today it took a minute or two to figure out. The bottom line was, I was charged. The statement showed the dish 500 upgrade cost $99.95, and I received a $49.95 credit. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. After 4 unsuccessful attempts at getting to speak to someone in billing, I got thru using the prompt for programing. After explaining the situation to the CSR, I was informed I was given the credit I was taken off of the $99.95 upgrade cost. That was the first time I ever heard the "free" upgrade cost that much. At that point I suggested she look at the past notes on my account. After a short period of time she told me she was making a $50 adjustment to my account, because it did say the upgrade was to be made at no charge.

I'm getting a little tired of fighting for things E* promise, and never do. But I'm not tired enough to stop fighting.

The DISH500 upgrade clearly shows that it cost $50. I love how everyone thinks they're special and deserves to get everything free.

hall said:
Why did he get charged $99 for it then ??

I guess he's really special then, eh ??

Not taking sides in this (battling Dilberts?) but reading before posting might help, eh ?? ;)

"The statement showed the dish 500 upgrade cost $99.95, and I received a $49.95 credit."

NightRyder

hall said:
Why did he get charged $99 for it then ??

I guess he's really special then, eh ??

As NightRyder said, it always helps to READ and THEN post. That way, you won't post something that is entirely incorrect and makes you look stupid. In addition to the quote NightRyder quoted, here is another one:

"The upgrade was to be at no cost to me, instead of the $50 that was being charged." He wasn't charged $99.95. He was charged $50.

I guess you're really "special" then, eh? It's normally not a good idea to try to be a smarta** with incorrect information.

To clarify. The advertised cost for the upgrade in Feb. was $50. When I enquired 2 or 3 weeks prior, it was advertised as free, and I was told I was entitled to it. This would allow me get the remainder of my top 60 programing that I am paying for. That was my argument to the CSR when I was told I'd have to pay $50. It was the CSR's idea to talk to a supervisor.
They came back and told me they would honor what I was told originally. Where they got the $ 99.95 install cost on my statement, I haven't a clue.

I had a similar experience. I had the dishmover promotion and set up the install date and verified I would indeed have everything installed free of charge. Even the installer verified this. After receiveing the statement, whoala, $99.95. I believe the customers more than I believe this shoddy company.

Way back in the day.. I had our dish500 stolen. We called up and asked if there were any deals. I actually had a friendly CSR who said she could "move" us to the same address and do the dishmover thing.

Best part was, I had already "moved" to get locals. She was cool with the whole deal. Only problem was, when the installer showed up, he wouldnt leave the dish500 cuz we were in an apartment and he had to "install" it. He did however leave a 19" dish for free since he was gonna throw it away.

Next month Dish Movers will also be charged (SuperDish customers will have to pay $50 more). Some will have to pay up to $150 for a SuperDish Dish Mover depending on what you qualify for. This is not looking good for Dish Network trying to keep their customers. One good thing is that they give you up to six receivers receivers/tuners installed for free.

Stargazer said:
Next month Dish Movers will also be charged (SuperDish customers will have to pay $50 more). Some will have to pay up to $150 for a SuperDish Dish Mover depending on what you qualify for. This is not looking good for Dish Network trying to keep their customers. One good thing is that they give you up to six receivers receivers/tuners installed for free.
This is no different than any of the great deals E* comes up with. Up front everything seems wonderful. The thing is, for every money saving deal they come up with, they seem to offset it by applying new charges and hidden fees somewhere else. In the long run it makes them more money. I wonder what new or extra charges are written into the fine print of this new deal for the six receivers. As far as the added cost for the SuperDish Dish Mover, I'm sure it will be a great money maker for E*. The added cost would definitely give me incentive to take the dish with me if I moved.

I guess what bothers me the most is the amount of time and effort required to stay on top of what Dish is doing. You shouldn't have to chase after promises made by Dish. The sad part is, the number of people that stand up to E* is very small compared to the number that don't. That in itself makes E* a lot of extra money. A good example of an extra charge would be the $5.00 fee they seem to have for anything. If you question one of these fees, sometimes it's waved and sometimes it's not depending how loud you complain or how good of a customer they say you are. When they waive a fee, It's like getting a reward for being good. The thing is if you don't ask, they're not going to offer, good customer or not.

When E* ran the promotion for the Dish 500 to be installed 'at no cost to me' about 2 years ago, I noticed a $99 charge on my bill. I pay annually. They wouldn't correct it the first CS I talked to, I ask to speak to her supervisor, she said they wouldn't have installed it 'at no cost to me' and I told them that I wouldn't have had it installed if I knew it was going to be $99. I then told them that they could have them send out the installer and remove the Dish 500, that I didn't want it and then when I told the supervisor that she said she would adjust the bill. She had already aggravated me arguing the fact and I told her no.....just send out the installer that I didn't want the Dish 500 dish since they were not honoring what they advertise without a hassle. Long story short, she credited me $50 for my trouble. Ha

Really and truly I've not had much trouble with CS but when you do have trouble, it really is a doozy. Those new CS really don't have much quality training IMHO.

Is the SuperDish still being offered as a free upgrade to those customers who sign up for CCAP and commit to one year of their SD local channels?

Nope that's no longer. It is now $50 and next month up to $150 to get a SuperDish Upgrade. Right now until the end of the month it is $25 (free with Credit Card Auto Pay) on a SuperDish Dish Mover's. If you want a Dish500 on a Dish Mover's it may be free if you qualify starting next month. Also if you qualify to get the DishMover for $50 with a SuperDish (or free for a Dish500) then you will not have to sign a one year contract. They pay for six rooms to be installed. The changes can cost you more or save you money depending on how you look at it.

Stargazer said:
Nope that's no longer. It is now $50 and next month up to $150 to get a SuperDish Upgrade.
:( So much for waiting until the weather got nicer and the snow & ice to melt off the roof. I guess I can explain this to my significant other... :no

Foxbat said:
:( So much for waiting until the weather got nicer and the snow & ice to melt off the roof. I guess I can explain this to my significant other... :no
Why do you want the Super Dish? Is it to receive the remainder of your local channel? You may want to suggest to a CSR, that if you are intitled to receive them for free why should you have to pay for an upgrade to watch them. Suggest to the CSR that you might have to look into D* as an alternative, because you don't feel you should have to pay for something that has been given away for free all along. That was the approach I used. "Those who do not ask don't get."

My desire for a SuperDish may be mis-guided (pun intended). I'd like to get the 942, but Dish requires Locals to populate the ATSC channel program data in the EPG.

I used to think that having all that extra reflector area would help with rain fade, but it seems that isn't a good reason to make the switch. Also, since the SD is DishPro equipment, I'd need an adapter to hook up my 6000, unless the installer will barter with me to install a DP+44 for my unused DP34 + DPTwin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)