dishnet equipment

XLview

Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
i'm a bit of a newb here to dish but i've got 2 questions if anyone can help out.

i have dish already set up in my place by a friend set for dishnet 110 echostar 6 i believe, i'd like to set up another one to pick up dishnet 119 (echostar 7).

now the 1st question, i have a Digiwave FTA dish & LNB for free. Is this compatible with dishnet receivers? i'm trying to do this on the cheap as well as learning to do things myself :)

the 2nd question is contingent on the first because after a whole day of tweaking w/ the direction & angle of the dish, i can't pick up the 119 signal off the new dish. i'm starting to wonder if there's some kind of interference because i can't pick up 119 off the original existing dish either, but 110 works fine.

any ideas??

help would be greatly appreciated.

i'm using my dishnet dish for 110...the digiwave does not pick up either signal, which is what leads me to ask whether it is compatible...i was told any dish should work but i'm having my doubts now =/

as for channels, i believe i get almost all the channels from 110...with the exception of a few that are blacked out in my area.

XLview said:
i'm a bit of a newb here to dish but i've got 2 questions if anyone can help out.

i have dish already set up in my place by a friend set for dishnet 110 echostar 6 i believe, i'd like to set up another one to pick up dishnet 119 (echostar 7).

now the 1st question, i have a Digiwave FTA dish & LNB for free. Is this compatible with dishnet receivers? i'm trying to do this on the cheap as well as learning to do things myself :)

the 2nd question is contingent on the first because after a whole day of tweaking w/ the direction & angle of the dish, i can't pick up the 119 signal off the new dish. i'm starting to wonder if there's some kind of interference because i can't pick up 119 off the original existing dish either, but 110 works fine.

any ideas??

help would be greatly appreciated.
If YOU can qualify as a new customer with DISH Notwerk you should be able to get DHA with no commitment and free installation of equipment. Can't get much cheaper than that except illegal reception of the signal. :)

If you have a dish pointed at 110 and getting a signal there, but cant re-aim that one to get 119, you either arent aiming it right, or theres something blocking the signal.

I'd forget that 2nd dish until you can find the 119 with your first dish (the one pointed at 110).

I'm pretty sure you'll need a different LNB to pick up dish. Do a google search for dish network lnb. I believe they are circular polarity. Good luck!

It might be easier if you want to do it yourself by buying a dish500 dish off ebay. Sell your other dishes and you'll probably make money.

Find a friend with a Dish receiver.. and go to the Point Dish screen.. Menu 6-1-1. Lookup the angles for a Dish 300 and your zip code and you'll get the configuration on how to point the dish.

Why subscribe to DISH???

Don't believe anything they say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)