Don't bet on Howard

The Tate said:
Slander?
Are you talking about the same slander that Leno uses on Bush everynight?

Bush is a public figure serving as a public servant.
I I were you I would brush up on your basic understanding of law. This is pretty Freshman knoledge.

rtt2 said:
Bush is a public figure serving as a public servant.
I I were you I would brush up on your basic understanding of law. This is pretty Freshman knoledge.

So is spelling! (just giving you a hard time as a joke, not meaning anything harmful)! :)

Leno is also not accusing Bush of some illegal activity that he has no proof of, he is simply making jokes about information we already know to be correct. But, I do agree with you Tate, there are times when it comes very close to crossing the line. Who wants to start the anti-Leno thread?

cableman265 said:
Leno is also not accusing Bush of some illegal activity that he has no proof of, he is simply making jokes

No but he does grossly exaggerate, mis-inform, mis-quote, and edit audio & video for the sake of humor, as they all do with all public figures. People just have to get real and understand JOKES ARE FOR LAUGHS not news or information.

But the news, now thats the real JOKE!

The Tate said:
Slander?
Are you talking about the same slander that Leno uses on Bush everynight?

FCC?
Right now the FCC cannot touch Howard, thats what we are talking about. He is suppose to be able to say anything he wants.

On the Slander, if a person was to say that their neighbor John Smith was molesting kids on Howards Show and that person can prove that people knoew it was him and that it was a lie; he could sue Sirius for allowing those comments to go over the air.

What Leno does to Bush.... public figure, you could say almost anything you want to; true or not.

Howard does not have to worry about the FCC at the moment (even though there is a push for them , but if Sirius has certain rules for him to follow then that would be a limit on what he can say.

I agree with Adam Thierer of The Cato Institute, that the FCC may one day have a say over satellite radio (altough I think if a channel can be blocked from going to a receiver, that they wouldn't be able to censor it):

"An important and troubling shift may be developing regarding the way lawmakers regulate mass media in the United States. During recent congressional hearings on broadcast television and radio violations of Federal Communications Commission indecency standards, several lawmakers hinted that they believed federal censorship efforts should extend beyond licensed TV and radio operators to unlicensed media sources, such as cable, satellite, and Internet providers. And a debate is about to take place on the Senate floor during which some lawmakers have said they will attempt to apply indecency regulations on such subscription-based services. "

cableman265 said:
If you listened to Stern today, then you would have heard that all of the censoring allegations are completely false.

Believe what you want, but I was in one of the Howard Studios today and I can tell you that there is most definitively a 16 second delay between what is said and when it comes out over the air.

That part we all know and agree about, this was requested and controled by Stern himself. The above quoted comments are regarding censorship above and beyond that of what Stern requested.

The only censorship that goes on is done by Stern himself to protect people from possibly wrecking their home lives or something along that line...

He also used it the other day when a girl came into the studio to promote "Date Movie" (that was a GREAT bit by the way).

Anyhow, he wanted her to get naked before he would let her say the movie, so he dumped it when she said it before she got naked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)