Dont Buy Gas On 5-15-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some dummy at my work just forwarded this to everyone in the company. I work for a large oil company. Not a good career move on their part.

i think we should have a tier system for gas prices.
economy cars pay the lowest
mid size a bit more
gas guzelers the most

i will accept you votes if you want me to run the country!

i think we should have a tier system for gas prices.
economy cars pay the lowest
mid size a bit more
gas guzelers the most

i will accept you votes if you want me to run the country!

I like the idea, but I wouldn't want to be the politician to propose it. :eek: is the sound they would make before the noose went around their neck :D

The politicians can solve this tomorrow.

Raise CAFE standards to European levels and we become self sufficient in oil as demand plummets and we can fuel our cars with corn based fuels.

It will have the effect of forcing smaller cars on all of us as the automakers are forced to hawk more Saturns than Hummers, but that is the only way to beat this thing. It worked the last time in the early 80's. People stopped buying Lincolns and Cadillacs and moved to Rice burners.... Demand tumbled. China and India are gobbling up whatever savings in volume we have made by switching to Priuses from Escalades, so there has to be a larger move mandated by the government if anything is to happen...

I buy gas based on the two-week sawtooth price function that our area gas stations have adopted. Prices shoot up 5-20 cents on Wednesday, then trickle back down in 1-2 cent increments until it gets to where it was before the prices shot up, then it repeats. When the station on the corner raises their price, I buy gas at the station about halfway to work as they are usually at the bottom of their price cycle. When I go home at night, that station is now in line with all the other area stations and has raised their price to match. It's been like that since Sept 2001.

Well, I won't be participating in this. I just got word I will be on the road again for work next week.

BTW- from a road warrior's perspective, I would say travel costs have risen quite a bit this past year.
Gas is up as all know but I've seen restaurant prices up about 20% and Hotels up about the same.

We had a graduation party in a city about 35 miles west of here. Their gas was at $3.29 (one place was $3.34:eek:) so I played it "safe" when we got back and filled the tank with the "cheap" stuff at $3.14.

If only the gas station owners refused to sell gas for a day, that would be a lot better. Lousy Gas Prices:(

I didn't buy gas today for two reasons: 1) I have 3/4 of a tank in my car, and 2) it was freakin' $3.35/gallon! :eek:

I bought oodles of gas today! filled up the truck (26 gallons), car (12 gallons), 2 20 gallon containers. Price at the one station was under $3 and I needed the gas in the vehicles and decided to get my gas for the summer for lawn equipment and such.

I had to get gas today, for work truck.

Is was that or sit on the side of the road.:)

I filled up my big blue quad cab gas guzzelin Dodge, and had chili for supper. Man I have gas comming out my..............well, you know.:D :D :D :D :D

Gonna get gas at the end of the week since I dont drive much on my days off, excess driving is now limited to atleast after the holiday and Im seriously looking at getting a used honda or geo metro.

WOW!!!! boy am I glad I left Michigan then, wonder how much of a winfall the state will have from the per gallo tax in its coffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts