Double Charged for USB Activation and Internet DVR Sceduling

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
Well I called customer service about being charged a second $39.99 for activating the 211 I was told that the $39.99 is PER RECEIVER, but later she found somewhere else that said it was PER ACCOUNT. Even when she thought it was per receiver she was going to give me a refund and that was cool.

Next I asked about when online DVR recording was going live like Direct already has and she repeatedly told me my receivers would not be able to do it and that a sling box receiver is coming out. I tried over and over to tell her that is different, asked if she had seen the Hellboy II Direct commercials, etc to no avail. So, does anyone know when it will go live? I am hoping it will be easier to do then going through the guide or searching.

Yes per account. I just got my First extra Hard drive. Its great. I can take this thing and play it on any receiver in the house. Thats nice!

Any ViP6xx or ViP7xx, anyway. ViP211 EHDs are not readable on the ViP6xx & ViP7xx boxes, and vice versa.

I believe the $39.99 fee for USB hard drive add-on for ViP receivers is different than the $39.99 fee for turning a non-DVR box (211) into a DVR.

Yep. And the two shalt not speak to one another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)