downgrade/ sidegrade through dish.com

smitty23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
california
i recently performed a downgrade from at 250 w/ hbo to at 200. once the new seasons of " true blood", "hung", and "entourage" were over i downgraded. one of the things that i've always found cool about dish was the ability to add and or remove programming online. but what puzzles me is you can only perform a downgrade once every 12x. if you wanted to make any alterations to your service you would either have to call it in or go through online chat. imo i think that is a little stupid what is that point of having this neat feature if you can only utilize it once? just thought i would get on here and post a thread about this ridiculous policy that our good friends at dish has forced upon us.

Last edited:
I think it's only the downgrade that costs $5 if you do it more than once/yr. Are you saying you can no longer upgrade?

i haven't tried upgrading my service... i was able to downgrade from at 250 to at 200. then a few weeks later once the seasons ended over on hbo i tried to remove it, and it gave me that error message.

Well... The deal with the downgrade fee is to discourage people from upgrading to get a single program or watch a big sporting event, and then downgrading again when it's over. Probably the computers could handle this, but Dish thinks they would make less money that way. You can still downgrade; it just costs you a few.

Yes that is what they do, you can only downgrade service once in a 12 month period. I think they do that so they have the option of talking you out of downgrading.

Well... The deal with the downgrade fee is to discourage people from upgrading to get a single program or watch a big sporting event, and then downgrading again when it's over. Probably the computers could handle this, but Dish thinks they would make less money that way. You can still downgrade; it just costs you a few.

You can upgrade and downgrade all you want. However, the OP is correct you can only perform a downgrade on line Once in 12 months. Any other downgrades have to be done either on the phone or through chat. ALL downgrades cost $5.00 (online or otherwise). I believe "Adult" channels cost more
I think the fee is there to discourage folks from upgrading just to receive a special show or event then downgrading. Personally I think that you shouldn't be charged a fee if you have been subscribed to a package or premium channel for 1 year or more and you then choose to downgrade

Ross

appreciate the input.. i guess it's just one of those things that's set in stone. oh well it is what it is.... thanks dish :up

this one downgrade/12 months is gar-bage. with directv I was able to up/downgrade all I wanted ONLINE for free. they only charged you if you called to have a human do it for you. which makes sense, so that probably is why dish doesn't do this....

I did the same thing and think it's totally stupid that you can't do as many downgrades as you like through the website.

It's $5 no matter what, why make me call a human or chat.

i recently performed a downgrade from at 250 w/ hbo to at 200. once the new seasons of " true blood", "hung", and "entourage" were over i downgraded. one of the things that i've always found cool about dish was the ability to add and or remove programming online. but what puzzles me is you can only perform a downgrade once every 12x. if you wanted to make any alterations to your service you would either have to call it in or go through online chat. imo i think that is a little stupid what is that point of having this neat feature if you can only utilize it once? just thought i would get on here and post a thread about this ridiculous policy that our good friends at dish has forced upon us.

Keep playing the game. They have some REAL special news coming to you soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)