Downgrading Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Boobie1998

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi All,

I currently have the america everything pk and would like to downgrade to dish family. I have one 722k and one 612 receivers. I got dish on 4/2/12. Can I downgrade? Is there fees involved if i do? Can I still keep same receivers?

Thanks

Hi All,

I currently have the america everything pk and would like to downgrade to dish family. I have one 722k and one 612 receivers. I got dish on 4/2/12. Can I downgrade? Is there fees involved if i do? Can I still keep same receivers?

Thanks

You would be able to downgrade and keep the same receivers. I can get this done for you if you'd like. I would just need you to send me a PM with your account information.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
You would be able to downgrade and keep the same receivers. I can get this done for you if you'd like. I would just need you to send me a PM with your account information.

Zach

No fees for downgrading right? Commitment stays unchanged? I'm already 3 1/2 month into my commitment.

To my knowledge Dish does not extend a commitment with a downgrade package change. If you are getting a percentage off your package I believe you lose that, though if the Family package is available with a discount to new subscribers you would get that discount. I don't believe there is one though.

Thats a heckuva downgrade.....Is there an issue?

Also if you have HD right now Family does not have HD included in it (just your locals in HD if available)

Iceberg said:
Thats a heckuva downgrade.....Is there an issue?

Also if you have HD right now Family does not have HD included in it (just your locals in HD if available)

My job told me their moving out of state so just preparing to save some money if I need to since we're being let go. The second reason is the 722k freezes and reboots all the time and the 612 freezes as well. We're not happy with this right now. Loosing recordings as well due to this.

Boobie1998 said:
My job told me their moving out of state so just preparing to save some money if I need to since we're being let go. The second reason is the 722k freezes and reboots all the time and the 612 freezes as well. We're not happy with this right now. Loosing recordings as well due to this.

Get service call and figure out what the issue us.

Forgot to mention that the 612 gives me an error that the guide is outdated and to hit yes to update. It's not downloading the guide on its owned. Tonite when message came up I had 1 day left

This is exactly why I'm hard-pressed to recommend DISH to a friend. Yeah, I know I can get credit on my bill for this, but I'd rather keep my friends! I suppose I have learned to live with the 722k's shortcomings, hiccups, diaper-changes, etc. Of course, a friend I refer could easily get the Hopper newly installed. If it were not for the few channels DISH has (that my wife particularly loves) that DirecTV does not have, I'd jump to DirecTV.

I can't believe how many problems I hear about the 722k. I've had mine for years and it's maxxed out with the OTA module, Sling, outputting on hdmi and component and I rarely have a problem. Maybe once a month I will have to do a manual reboot or check switch to update the guide but nothing like alot of people have. I must have gotten a good unit. Good luck and I hope they figure out what the problems are!

I can't believe how many problems I hear about the 722k. I've had mine for years and it's maxxed out with the OTA module, Sling, outputting on hdmi and component and I rarely have a problem. Maybe once a month I will have to do a manual reboot or check switch to update the guide but nothing like alot of people have. I must have gotten a good unit. Good luck and I hope they figure out what the problems are!

You are envied by me and likely others with your mostly trouble-free 722k. I just wonder if it could be that the 722k is an extremely sensitive unit? If the 722k's environment is perfect - grounding, cable connections (connectors and connections to LNB, grounding block, etc), HDMI connections, perfect electric current (fluctuations, surges, etc), and room temperature where the 722k is housed - would the 722k have little or no problems like the minority I see on these on these boards? Oh, and for the "perfect 722k" I left out the absence/existence of the OTA module.

You're not alone with you're 722K experience. I've had one for around 2 1/2 years now and I really haven't had any major problems with it. I only have a ehd connected to it.

The 722k receiver was Dish's most reliable receiver. I'm not sure what has happened to it over the last 2 years. Must be some crappy software updates. We have more 722k receivers out than about any other receiver and we rarely have an issue.

funny there is such a difference between the 722 and 722k

can anyone confirm what causes a loss of credits. Do you only lose them when you drop below at120?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)