DP Receiver to Legacy LNB?

95yj

Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
Will a DP receiver work with a standard Ku LNB? I have a Dish 522 dual VDR which is a DishPro receiver. I am going to need to connect it to a larger dish and was wondering what my options were for LNBs. I am going to use a 1 meter or 2 meter Channel Master dish and need to know if I can use a standard LNB with it or if there is a DP LNB that can be used with the CM dishes.

What is the real difference between the DishPro LNB and a legacy LNB anyways? Is the DP LNB doing stacking instead of switching?? I've been browsing all over the web and haven't been able to find information. I see that there is a converter to make a legacy IRD work with a DP LNB, but nothing is stated as to using a DP IRD with a legacy LNB. I also have a DP34 switch that was switching from the dish to my dual inputs on the 522. It was also adding the 61 deg dish in.

The 1 meter dish that was given to me has a Norsat 6607a Ku band LNB on it. It also says lo +/- 500 kHz. This LNB will not work with Dish, let alone a DP IRD will it?

Thanks for all your help. I've been reading, but everything I see is repetitive and nothing addresses my questions.

OK, after doing a lot more reading, I have found that the 6607a LNB is single polarity, so it won't work for more than half the channels. The DP 522 DVR is backwards compatible to legacy LNBs by changing the dish type in the installation screen.

I still can't find information on DP vs Legacy LNBs and switches. The DP LNBs have a DP switch built in, so the real difference is between the DP switches and the legacy switches.

That brings me to another question, can I use my DP34 switch from a legacy LNB to get two inputs to my DP DVR or will I have to pick up a sw21?

Thank you! Every where I looked, I could find nothing that confirmed that the difference between DP and legacy was the DP was stacking a single LNBs channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)