DP Reciever or DP Adapter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lapplegate

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Henryville, IN
I have 3 receivers: 6000 (replacing w/921), 508 & 4900. I plan on getting the superdish and 921 at the same time. I also figured that instead of getting a DP adapapter for the 4900, I would just upgrade to the 301/311 and replace the 4900. I currently have a line out of the 4900 so it can feed a 2nd room. I just looked over the spec sheets for the 301 & 311 and found they do not have the UHF remote, making them unable to feed a 2nd room (would have to have the receiver in the same room).

I am asking your opinion. Since I need to feed a 2nd room, should I go with the DP Adapter instead of the 301/311 or is there a "work around" for the 301 (IR extender)?

Thanks,
Larry

The Dishpro adapter will cost you about $20 more then a remote extender, however a remote extender does not always work as good as a real UHF remote, so its a toss up. :)

Both are available from the SatelliteGuysStore :)

I am using an remote extender for my Expressvu 301 to a different room. Works great for me. Picked it up from Ebay for $30.

I'm only one wall and 20 feet away, so I guess mileage will vary depending on your setup.

Thanks for all the info & suggestions.

If I understand the 510 promotion, I can basically "exchange" my 4900 for a 510. This would cost $99, the same as a 301 would cost.

There would be a $5 a month DVR fee, but I would have UHF control, 100hr recording, 7-8 day guide, etc..

I think that might be the best way to upgrade my Legacy receiver to a DP.

Thanks,
Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)