DP+ with HR23-700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hmwhcio

Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
ft lauderdale fl
just moved in to a house with a 3 LNB DP plus dish already mounted. Trying to connect my HR23-700 receiver (yes I know DIsH antenna /Directv receiver). A "helpful freind" has moved the alignment. I ahve 3 questions
1. the LNB head has 3 wires connected to the 3 outputs, nothing connected to the terminal marked LNB input; does this require an external power supply to the LNB in?
2. The HR23-700 will only come up with: attempting to update software please wait". How can I get it into setup mode for pointing alignment?
3. I m using a Directv d12-100 for antenna alignment (due to the problem in item 2), and cannot get a signal n any satellite/transponder.
any help, or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys hmwhcio!

Some Dish lnbs will work with Directv equipment, but I don't know if this is one of them.

The only dish lnbs that would work are legacy lnbs and they would only receive the 101 110 and 119 if somehow pointed correctly... this would only give you sd as well. None of the dpp lnbs will pick up anything... and to receive hd for the particular box you have you need a ka lnb of some sort.. what your trying to accomplish will never work with the parts you are trying to use..

The only dish lnbs that would work are legacy lnbs and they would only receive the 101 110 and 119 if somehow pointed correctly... this would only give you sd as well. None of the dpp lnbs will pick up anything... and to receive hd for the particular box you have you need a ka lnb of some sort.. what your trying to accomplish will never work with the parts you are trying to use..
OK, so I need a new antenna. In the mean time, how do I get the H23-700 out of the download mode so I can watch some of what I already have recorded?

OK, so I need a new antenna. In the mean time, how do I get the H23-700 out of the download mode so I can watch some of what I already have recorded?
It depends on whether it is really in download mode or just stuck on acquiring satellite info. If it is stuck in a download loop then it's firmware is extremely old (predating the black gui) and it is just going to boot loop till it downloads. If it's on like step 1 of 2 then just leave it for a while it should take about 10 minutes then pop a blank guide with a 771 or 775 error. When you get that error you can access your list assuming the box and account are still active and not pending activation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts