dp301 reciever will not work

rblenkhorn

Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I am trying to get a dp301 reciever to work.. It is connected to a Dish 500 sat. with a DP lnbf it has 3 feeds, labeled 1 2 and IN I have connected to 1 .. run a check switch it comes up showing both sats 119 and 110 but I am unable to receive any programming other than the channels that are free 101.. nasa.. so on. what is the deal here? Dish Network is unable to figure it out and wants to send a tech but it is 2 weeks from now.. hoping to figure it out before then..

Sounds like your software is out of date, or it's factory software you can pm me and tell me what software you have. If all else fails turn the unit off and let it sit and see if it takes a download. Did this receiver ever work? Did you call dish to active it? what the smart card look like yellow, blue ?:confused:

DP301
SOFTWARE P346
R0050489349-69
S0020089845-61 (BLUE CARD)
DEVICE: DPP-TWIN

DNASP 010 REVA23
LOCATION 258DAA1C
HARDWARE DAHD-N
BOOT 16AB

called dishnetwork to activate, they told me I was all set gave me an account number and said to wait 30mins and than hung up

it has been over 4 hours.. I have called them.. they say they dont know what the problem is..

I am confused

Bought this reciever from a yardsale..

It does pick up the 5 or 6 free channels that dish offers.. and the DISH 500 features work, can play the games such as monopoly but as far as other channels. it doesnt happen

DP301
SOFTWARE P346
R0050489349-69
S0020089845-61 (BLUE CARD)
DEVICE: DPP-TWIN

DNASP 010 REVA23
LOCATION 258DAA1C
HARDWARE DAHD-N
BOOT 16AB

called dishnetwork to activate, they told me I was all set gave me an account number and said to wait 30mins and than hung up

it has been over 4 hours.. I have called them.. they say they dont know what the problem is..

I am confused

Bought this reciever from a yardsale..

It does pick up the 5 or 6 free channels that dish offers.. and the DISH 500 features work, can play the games such as monopoly but as far as other channels. it doesnt happen

You need a new card,Call DN and ask for it

try this

leave the receiver plugged in and turn it off by pressing the sat button, then the big red power button. The light on the front should turn off

Wait no more than 15 minutes - with you tv on (you should see snow at first) within a few minutes - if that box needs a software update you will see a screen automatically pop up. Wait for that to run its course.

After it all said and done you may need to call Dish one more time and ask for another hit to be sent to your receiver.

later

leave the receiver plugged in and turn it off by pressing the sat button, then the big red power button. The light on the front should turn off

Wait no more than 15 minutes - with you tv on (you should see snow at first) within a few minutes - if that box needs a software update you will see a screen automatically pop up. Wait for that to run its course.

After it all said and done you may need to call Dish one more time and ask for another hit to be sent to your receiver.

later

Without a new card(The one the receiver has is outdated)That receiver it won't get activate by DN

What makes the card outdated, and why is it that Dish Network would not notice this?

Blue Cards(Rom 10)were swapped a while ago for security reasons(Hackers).You will need in order to get that ird activate a new card for that reason. And the reason why they are unaware is some csr don't check what they do.

Just got off the phone again x6 today with Dish Network, described to them how I have been trying to diagnose this problem and how I was informed of the Blue Rom 10 smart card possibly not being any good any more, I was told by my rep. Not to jump to conclusions and lets diagnose this.. had to go through all the unplugging and plugging, and switch testing, and than I was told my DNA SP number was incorrect so he said he would send a hit, and than to wait 15mins before touching the box and than restart it and if it doesnt work to call back for further troubleshooting.. sounds like this is leading me no where with them people and I am about to just cancel.

Just got off the phone again x6 today with Dish Network, described to them how I have been trying to diagnose this problem and how I was informed of the Blue Rom 10 smart card possibly not being any good any more, I was told by my rep. Not to jump to conclusions and lets diagnose this.. had to go through all the unplugging and plugging, and switch testing, and than I was told my DNA SP number was incorrect so he said he would send a hit, and than to wait 15mins before touching the box and than restart it and if it doesnt work to call back for further troubleshooting.. sounds like this is leading me no where with them people and I am about to just cancel.

I told you, they have morons working there,You'll better chance if you speak with tech support. Trust me We are not "jumping to conclusions".You problem is the card.

That is who I was speaking with was tech support.. It was a big speal. when the first thing I said was.. I have been told my Smart Card is no longer any good. I was told I needed a new one.. he says 'dont jump to conclusions' lets diagnose this, asking me if I was sure it was connected properly and if I have tried switching wires and blah blah blah, and I said.. if i can get 9900 , 101 , nasa channel, and can look at the Dish Interactive features and play monopoly what is the problem, than I had to reset, than unplug, than plug in, than do this than read him this and read him that and than unplug, than he told me he was going to send a hit leave it alone and it would update the DNA SP numbers and it would be fine.. but if not to just call back for further troubleshooting

That is who I was speaking with was tech support.. It was a big speal. when the first thing I said was.. I have been told my Smart Card is no longer any good. I was told I needed a new one.. he says 'dont jump to conclusions' lets diagnose this, asking me if I was sure it was connected properly and if I have tried switching wires and blah blah blah, and I said.. if i can get 9900 , 101 , nasa channel, and can look at the Dish Interactive features and play monopoly what is the problem, than I had to reset, than unplug, than plug in, than do this than read him this and read him that and than unplug, than he told me he was going to send a hit leave it alone and it would update the DNA SP numbers and it would be fine.. but if not to just call back for further troubleshooting

As a tech from DN(I'm a sub)is not 1 day these guys surprise me,They know blue card were swapped around 2 years ago and in order to get programming, irds that still use cards(such 2700,2800,301,501,508,510 etc)those old ones above needs a new card to get them work.

I was a tech support rep a few years ago while the whole blue card exchange was in full swing.... changed out a lot more of those blue cards than I care to remember. You have no chance of getting it to work with a blue card. Call again... If the person that answers doesnt know what a blue card is ask for the supervisor or call back.

They are right it will not work with old blue card period. Call again and ask for the tech supervisor.

i ended up getting an appointment for tomorrow between 8-12 do you suppose the guy that comes will have a smart card and be able to swap it out .. how much do you suppose this is all going to cost ? any ideas?

I doubt he will have a new card as they have to be married to the box

I have 2 old boxes with the blue cards in them and can verify yes you will get 101, 213 & 262 as those are free to air. Any previously activated dish box can get those. The rest wont come in due to the old card which is Nagra1...new cards are Nagra2

So I suppose I am stuck with getting a new box .. the lady on the phone did say she would make sure he was to bring a box cause she was under the impression mine was dead..

man, you must have the worst luck at csr roulette :p
these must all by new csr's... probably didnt even know there was a blue card,
o well, hopefully the tech can get it taken care of

Question for the OP... Why you didn't set up a new account installation?It was a lot easier for you to deal with new generation receivers(like 211vip,222,vip or 722 vip) and get free current promotions such HBO/Cinemax 3 months free.Check if you can still get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)