dp301 reciever will not work

I am not sure what happened, but the tech came this morning at 759 looked at my reciever, I told him what you guys all told me about the smart card, he said yup good enough went out to his truck got a 301 reciever, brought it in .. has a yellow card in it, called and got it activated.. and told me to have a good day.. free of charge I just had to swap out the reciever I paid $10 for and get a brand new one.. 301 cant be 'outdated' if thats what i just got brand new in the box, he had like 20 of them in his truck. but thank you all for your help! and im glad to be up and running

glad you got up and running. The 301 is one of the first DishPro boxes (the 311 is the newer version and has the built in card) but most of my family has those boxes. Work real well :)

Upon further investigation it is a NEW Refurb so I guess it is not the latest, and the reason I went about it this way is upon calling dish network and trying to open a new account they told me I needed to give a $200 deposit.. so I tried to find a reciever to activate.. that way they didnt want a deposit. .guess it worked out good because I have a new reciever and it only cost me $10 :)) I am just on the $29.99 plan with locals.. figured thats good enough for now.. it was like an extra $22 a month to add 2 premium channels <hbo cinemax playboy showtime> but i opted not to

I have a yellow card in my 301 and I have the same issue. I need a new card? Will it be free? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts